Mind Control Quotes
1. YOUR MOOD SHOULD
2. Remember that anger and swearing never really suppresses your anger and does not relieve you of emotional burden. It is just converted into stress, guilt and more worry. The only way out is to have patience on expressing your anger.
3. Give yourself an incentive to behave. Why not give yourself a small treat if you manage to get through PMS without losing your temper?
4. Fill your mind before you empty your mouth.
5. A: Which movie are you and [C] going to see tonight?
B: Oh, I always go to whichever movie [C] wants.
A: Which one do they want to see?
B: I haven't decided yet.
6. Privacy is power. What people don't know they can't ruin.
7. If you are in an abusive relationship, establishing boundaries may not be possible, as assertiveness in sharing your boundaries may not be even safe. And because the other person has a distinct agenda of controlling or even hurting you - you'll just get laughed at - if you try to voice your limits.You may need to consider leaving that relationship safely.
8. When we meet someone and begin to discover who they are or what makes them tick, what disappoints them, what pleases them - they are giving you information about their limits - whether or not they call it that or not. Their Values. And you are doing the same thing.
9. Guilt Trip
A special kind of manipulation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in victim feeling bad, keeping them in self-doubt, anxious and submissive position.
10. When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth; just like you did.
11. Adult bullies need to make you feel bad so they can feel good. Twisted isn't it?
Hold your head up and chest out. Reality is they envy you! Your success, your looks, your car, your clothes, your job, your friends..something.. there is something about you that they envy. That is why they pick on you to feed their own insecurities and jealousy.
12. Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.
13. Taking Advantage Tactic #7
Shaming. Putting you down and using sarcasm and critical comments to make you feel so inadequate that you give in to them.
14. If you think you're alone, you'll become weak and controlled by people.
You're not alone. Call out everyone who loved you, everyone who loves you now, and everyone who will love you in the future.
15. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
16. Your narcissistic abuser withholds information in a conversation, and replaces it with false information.
17. Gaslighters are habitual liars. They lie to your face and never change their story even if you have proof.
They’ll say “You’re crazy. That never happened”. They can be so convincing that you may actually start believing you’re crazy.
18. Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are weeds that strangle confidence.
19. If you don't like something, change it.
If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
20. Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
21. You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you.
22. The great thing, then, in all education, is to make our nervous system our ally instead of our enemy.
23. We measure our value or worth by what people think of us. So we are always helping, putting others first, being the nice person. We are basically trying to CONTROL what other people think and feel. And yet, this is something that we really CANT CONTROL.
24. Looking for guarantees is the biggest thing that is keeping you from healing your health anxiety.
A guarantee on every medication, therapy, and a guarantee that you will be safe, a guarantee that your symptoms are related to anxiety. And even if you start believing that, it will be brief.
Instead of looking for guarantees, adopt the right attitude. When you stop looking for guarantees, you start to let go. Start questioning all your cravings for guarantees whenever they pop up.
25. You cannot always control what goes on outside.
But you can always control what goes on inside.
26. Law of substitution states that one cannot stop themselves from thinking about something.
For example, try not to think about the Statue of Liberty. See how that failed?
Your mind does not understand “don’t”.
Your mind actually processes it as “Think about Statue of Liberty.”
Similarly, if you keep repeating in your head “don’t think about symptoms of anxiety”, guess what happens.
27. if you keep telling yourself that people are out to get me, or they did it intentionally, your anger will escalate.
if you tell yourself maybe he or she was not thinking clearly, or he or she didn’t really mean to do this end – you will De-escalate the angry feelings.
28. there is always something that you could imagine in your brain that could go wrong, and you could make yourself have a panic attack. Like, your body would actually respond to that.
That’s how powerful the thought process is.
29. 5 Skewed Perceptions of Reality
1. Leapfrogging (Jumping to conclusions)
3. Extremifying (thinking in extremes; always or never)
4. Moodysning (making your feelings seem to be the facts)
5. Keyholing (focussing on the bad stuff and ignoring the good stuff)
30. Never believe in every thought that you have.
Ask yourself, “Is that really true?”
31. I become what I think about all day long.
32. Knowing yourself and your triggers is very important. Being able to change your thinking and renewing our minds.
33. You don’t need to focus entirely on your symptoms. If you continue to do so, you’re going to be a hamster running on a wheel and getting nowhere.
34. When you feel a symptom, change your focus. This does not mean distracting yourself, that is a coping tool, it will not heal you. Changing your focus means diverting your attention to a different part of that situation.
Instead on focusing how this symptom can lead to a physical illness, focus on how the symptom is a sign of past intense experiences. It’s simply a warning message asking you whether it is safe or not to do what you are about to do. This will give a completely different meaning to the feeling. This idea that you adopted in your mind will begin traveling into your heart and that is when you will start believing it fully.
It’s literally a convincing game - you are trying to convince the 95% subconscious mind and body that’s gone through all this distress.