1. Microsoft has had two goals in the last 10 years. One was to copy the Mac, and the other was to copy Lotus’ success in the spreadsheet – basically, the applications business. And over the course of the last 10 years, Microsoft accomplished both of those goals.
And now they are completely lost.
2. Their products have no spirit to them.
3. I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He’d be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger.
4. Their products have no spirit of enlightenment about them, they are very pedestrian.
The sad part is that customers don’t have a lot of that spirit either, but the way that we’re going to ratchet up our species is to take the best and to spread it around everybody so that everybody grows up with better things and starts to understand the subtlety of these better things.
5. I am saddened, not by Microsoft success, I have no problem with their success, they’ve earned their success, for the most part.
I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products.
6. The older I get, the more I see how much motivations matter.
The Zune was crappy because the people at Microsoft don’t really love music or art the way we do.
We won because we personally love music.
7. The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste.
8. If Apple made a car, would it have windows?