Mental Wellness Quotes
1. Blame and shame are simply mind games.
2. "Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience"
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Riyad as-Salihin : Book 1, Hadith 37
3. Remember that anger and swearing never really suppresses your anger and does not relieve you of emotional burden. It is just converted into stress, guilt and more worry. The only way out is to have patience on expressing your anger.
4. " and the faithful ones whose hearts are comforted by the remembrance of God. Remembrance of God certainly brings comfort to all hearts."
[Quran - 13:28]
5. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), is a reference doctors and mental health professionals use to help diagnose mental health conditions.
6. These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
7. HAPPINESS IS A MINDSET, AN EMOTION, AND A GOAL
8. Adult bullies need to make you feel bad so they can feel good. Twisted isn't it?
Hold your head up and chest out. Reality is they envy you! Your success, your looks, your car, your clothes, your job, your friends..something.. there is something about you that they envy. That is why they pick on you to feed their own insecurities and jealousy.
9. You are being bullied if someone constantly demeans you and makes remarks about you, yelling at you, criticizing you, giving suggestions and giving you guilt trips if you don't take them.
10. Passive-aggressive or covert bullying: Difficult to notice. A passive-aggressive or covert bully, however, behaves appropriately on the surface, but takes you down with subtlety.
Examples of passive-aggressive and covert bullying include negative gossip, negative joking at someone’s expense, sarcasm, condescending eye contact, facial expression or gestures, mimicking to ridicule, deliberately causing embarrassment and insecurity, the invisible treatment, social exclusion, professional isolation, and deliberately sabotaging someone’s well-being, happiness, and success.
Tags: Passive Aggressive | Bully | Adult Bully | Social Behavior | Subtle | Gossip | Poor Joke | When Someone Puts You Down | Looking Down | Shame | Embarassment | Insecurities | Treating Badly | Mental Wellness | Happiness | Success |
Anorexia Nervosa (AN) essentially refers to a mental illness affecting both genders, but primarily females, whereby an individual has irregular perceptions of their body image.
12. Sometimes you don't realize the weight of something you've been carrying until you feel the weight of it's release.
13. To my abusers: I forgive you.
14. Your anxiety is lying to you.
15. A future catastrophic thought can make you feel uncomfortable in the body in the present moment.
On the contrary, you can experience a positive emotion from something good that’s already happened to you, again!
So why not multiply the good stuff in your brain.
16. 5 Skewed Perceptions of Reality
1. Leapfrogging (Jumping to conclusions)
3. Extremifying (thinking in extremes; always or never)
4. Moodysning (making your feelings seem to be the facts)
5. Keyholing (focussing on the bad stuff and ignoring the good stuff)