1. Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
2. Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.
3. Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.
4. This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.
5. Being over possessive about something or someone is the worst thing that can happen to any one.
6. No one is the reason for your happiness except you yourself.
7. Don’t worry about tomorrow's problems today.
8. There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
9. The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
10. More smiling, less worrying.
More compassion, less judgment.
More blessed, less stressed.
More love, less hate.
11. Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
12. No woman wants to be in submission to a man who isn't in submission to God!
13. The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for.
We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love.
There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love.
The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty - it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality.
There's a hunger for love, as there is a hunger for God.
14. It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters.
- Amit Ray
15. We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
16. It takes three to make love, not two: you, your spouse, and God.
Without God people only succeed in bringing out the worst in one another.
Lovers who have nothing else to do but love each other soon find there is nothing else.
Without a central loyalty life is unfinished.
17. One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity.
Connect with those around you today. Say, "I love you", "I'm sorry", "I appreciate you", "I'm proud of you"...whatever you're feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it...cause a smile today for someone else...and give plenty of hugs.
18. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
19. What religion I follow? It is called none-of-your-business.
20. I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But I was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes.
After that I liked jazz music.
Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way.
I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before any of this happened.
21. Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.
22. I have lived with several Zen masters - all of them cats.
23. My heart is so small
it's almost invisible.
How can You place
such big sorrows in it?
"Look," He answered,
"your eyes are even smaller,
yet they behold the world.
24. When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.
25. Happiness comes from within. It is not dependent on external things or on other people. You become vulnerable and can be easily hurt when your feelings of security and happiness depend on the behavior and actions of other people. Never give your power to anyone else.
26. Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings.
27. You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.
- Amit Ray
28. Spirituality is recognizing and celebrating that we are all inextricably connected to each other by a power greater than all of us, and that our connection to that power and to one another is grounded in love and compassion.
Practicing spirituality brings a sense of perspective, meaning and purpose to our lives.
29. The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it
30. The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
31. What you seek is seeking you.
32. The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.
33. Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
34. Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
35. If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?
36. You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?
37. When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
38. When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnia's!
And the difference between them.
39. I want to see you.
Know your voice.
Recognize you when you
first come 'round the corner.
Sense your scent when I come
into a room you've just left.
Know the lift of your heel,
the glide of your foot.
Become familiar with the way
you purse your lips
then let them part,
just the slightest bit,
when I lean in to your space
and kiss you.
I want to know the joy
of how you whisper
40. Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.
41. Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure.
42. Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.
It will not lead you astray.
43. There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
44. Travel brings power and love back into your life.
45. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes.
Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
46. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
47. Set your life on fire.
Seek those who fan your flames
48. This being human is a guest house.
Every morning is a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor...Welcome and entertain them all.
Treat each guest honorably.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
49. Be like the sun for grace and mercy.
Be like the night to cover others' faults.
Be like running water for generosity.
Be like death for rage and anger.
Be like the Earth for modesty.
Appear as you are.
Be as you appear.
50. Sorrow prepares you for joy.
It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter.
It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place.
It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow.
Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.
51. I know you're tired but come, this is the way.
52. Suffering is a gift.
In it is hidden mercy.
53. Be melting snow.
Wash yourself of yourself.
54. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
55. Sit, be still, and listen,
because you're drunk
and we're at
the edge of the roof.
56. And you?
When will you begin that long journey into yourself?
57. Take someone who doesn't keep score,
who's not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing,
who has not the slightest interest even
in his own personality: he's free.
58. Respond to every call
that excites your spirit.
59. But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
60. You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
61. The cure for pain is in the pain.
62. Study me as much as you like, you will not know me, for I differ in a hundred ways from what you see me to be.
Put yourself behind my eyes and see me as I see myself, for I have chosen to dwell in a place you cannot see.
63. That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.