1. Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation. It leaves you in a FOG when there is haze of Fear, Obligation, and Guilt.
Often the emotional blackmailer is not a deliberate tactic on the others’ part – it’s just the method that gets them what they want! And have found that it works!
2. Although they may do this in ways which seem harmless, it’s a common tactic to trigger fear and doubt.
3. Emotional blackmail is one of the primary ways that one partner controls another partner. It’s done in such a way that the controlling partner manipulates the other person‘s emotions in an attempt to get their way.
4. Emotional blackmail is the use of fear, obligation, and guilt to control another person.
5. In order for a blackmailer to be successful, they must know what the target fears. This fear is often deep-rooted such as fear of abandonment, loneliness, humiliation, and failure.
6. Some people earn love. Some people blackmail others into it.
7. Who says exactly what they’re thinking? What kind of a game is that?
8. Antisocial personality disorder
-manipulating or treating people badly without feeling sorry
-tendency to lie, steal or abuse alcohol/drugs
9. Guilt Trip
A special kind of manipulation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in victim feeling bad, keeping them in self-doubt, anxious and submissive position.
10. Guilt trips are a passive-aggressive form of manipulation and bullying. They're designed to give the manipulator exactly what they want at your expense. Your feelings and needs don't matter. By refusing to play their games and act or feel guilty, you disarm them and they lose their power over you.
Tags: Guilt | Passive Aggressive | Manipulation | Bully | Mind Games | Feelings | Needs | Selfishness | Selfish Friends | I Dont Care | Refusal | Saying No | Power | Life | Quotes that make you think |
11. People who self-harm don't do it because they need attention. They do it in secret. They are not trying to manipulate or seek attention. In fact, shame and guilt can make it difficult to tell someone that they have harmed themselves.
12. A girl plays with your mind. A woman explores it.
13. Although taking advantage is considered "passive aggressive", some consider it to be "covert aggressive".
Deceiving and manipulating us to get what they want, covert aggressors very actively try to control other people.
14. Taking Advantage Tactic #1
Seduction. Manipulating you with charm and flattery, and playing on your need for approval.
15. Taking Advantage Tactic #6
Guilt. Using your conscience and desire to be a good person to control and manipulate you.
16. Taking Advantage Tactic #7
Shaming. Putting you down and using sarcasm and critical comments to make you feel so inadequate that you give in to them.
17. Someone can decide it’s in their best interests to agree to something, but a choice is only really a choice if there’s a genuine alternative. Otherwise it’s manipulation and it’s taking advantage.
18. Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.
19. When you are a people pleaser, it is a form of manipulation. We are manipulating people into liking us.
20. How to manage anger?
Write out when do you get angry?
What are the triggers?
What is your typical response do those triggers?
Consider these questions to assess whether your anger is harmful or helpful.
do you yell or swear? do you lash out or hit someone? do you manipulate or try to control others? do you mumble under your breath? do you think others are not as good as you are?
if you answered these questions with “yes” or a “maybe”, then you have an anger problem and the next step is to admit that you have a problem with the anger. once you admit that you have a problem you are on the path to change.
21. Maybe you don’t lash out, manipulate or withdraw when you are angry. However, you may find resentment building overtime or you may ruminate over the disappointments you have experiences and the people who have caused you to feel that way.
Resentment and rumination only keep anger brewing.