Less Money Quotes
1. I’m not a millionaire.
I thought I would be by the time I was 30, but I wasn’t even close.
Then I thought maybe by 40, but by 40 I had less money than I did when I was 30.
2. I wake up every morning in a bed that’s too small, drive my daughter to a school that’s too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little.
But on pretzel day?
Well, I like pretzel day.
3. Of the dinar you spend as a contribution in Allah's path, or to set free a slave, or as a sadaqa given to a needy, or to support your family, the one yielding the greatest reward is that which you spent on your family.
4. "A family which has dates will not be hungry."
[Sahih Muslim 2046 a]
5. If you have much, give off your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart.
6. When your earning comes from Halal source, even a minimum wage will be sufficient to live a good life, but when your money comes from Haram source, it will always feel as if it is never enough, even if you are making millions.
7. Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr:
When Az-Zubair married me, he had no real property or any slave or anything else except a camel which drew water from the well, and his horse. I used to feed his horse with fodder and drew water and sew the bucket for drawing it, and prepare the dough, but I did not know how to bake bread. So our Ansari neighbors used to bake bread for me, and they were honorable ladies. I used to carry the date stones on my head from Zubair's land given to him by Allah's Messenger (pbuh) and this land was two third Farsakh (about two miles) from my house. One day, while I was coming with the date stones on my head, I met Allah's Messenger (pbuh) along with some Ansari people. He called me and then, (directing his camel to kneel down) said, "Ikh! Ikh!" so as to make me ride behind him (on his camel). I felt shy to travel with the men and remembered Az-Zubair and his sense of Ghira, as he was one of those people who had the greatest sense of Ghira. Allah's Messenger (pbuh) noticed that I felt shy, so he proceeded. I came to Az-Zubair and said, "I met Allah's Messenger (pbuh) while I was carrying a load of date stones on my head, and he had some companions with him. He made his camel kneel down so that I might ride, but I felt shy in his presence and remembered your sense of Ghira. On that Az-Zubair said, "By Allah, your carrying the date stones (and you being seen by the Prophet (pbuh) in such a state) is more shameful to me than your riding with him." (I continued serving in this way) till Abu Bakr sent me a servant to look after the horse, whereupon I felt as if he had set me free.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5224]
8. The person who doesn't know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn't know where his last dollar went.
9. I was meant to be rich. I can tell by the way I spend money.
10. When success comes, people can try to trick you or take advantage of you.
11. They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?
12. If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
13. I have tried to teach people there are three kicks in every dollar: one, when you make it; two, when you have it. The third kick it when you give it away - and it is the biggest kick of all.
14. We ought to be thankful not only for what we have but also for what we do not have.
15. You don't need to drive a lambo to the beach to enjoy the view.
16. Poor is not him who has little, rather the one who craves more.
17. When there is a problem with money, people suffer. They are starving as they don’t have food to eat. In the middle of good soil, good water, they are starving.
Because they don’t know what’s edible, they don’t know how to grow things and cook them. It’s so sad they start to die in the middle of Food.
18. never pay retail.