1. Leadership requires creating conditions that enable employees to do the kinds of experimentation that entrepreneurship requires.
2. Without appreciation and respect for other people, true leadership becomes ineffective, if not impossible.
3. Try never to be the smartest person in the room.
And if you are, I suggest you invite smarter people .... or find a different room
4. You can’t do epic with basic people.
5. I do not adopt softness towards others because I want to make them better.
6. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
7. What I found when I got here was a zillion and one products.
It was amazing.
And I started to ask people, now why would I recommend a 3400 over a 4400?
When should somebody jump up to a 6500, but not a 7300?
And after three weeks, I couldn’t figure this out.
If I couldn’t figure this out… how could our customers figure this out?
8. You must always remember that to lead, one must first learn to follow…
9. I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader.
10. When a man loves a woman, he will not be harsh and be some military personnel that dictates, he will be kind, gentle and lead her in a loving way.
11. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
12. It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
13. To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.
14. "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"
Henry IV, Part II
Act 3, Scene 1
15. Be an individual, but be a team player first.
16. You will be told your whole life that you need to learn to listen. I would say that you need to learn to be the last to speak. The skill to hold your opinions to yourself until everyone has spoken does two things: It gives everyone the feeling that they have been heard and contributed, and you get the benefit of hearing what everybody else has to think before you render your opinion.
Tags: Wise | Wisdom | Inspirational | Strategy | Communication | Healthy Communication | Patience | Impatience | Listening a Person | Question | Leadership | Public Speaking | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Speak | Your Opinion |
17. If you agree with somebody, don't nod "yes".
If you disagree with somebody, don't nod "no".
Simply sit there, take it all in and the only thing you're allowed to do is ask questions so you can understand what they mean and why they have the opinion that they have, and from where they are speaking. And at the end, you will get your turn.
18. Don't make 12-minute meetings 1 hour meetings.
19. You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.
Tags: Be Kind | Be Kind | Accomplishment | Leadership | Force | Treating Badly | Pressure | Accusation | Blame | Abuse | Guilt | Emotional Abuse | Islamic Quotes for Husband | Islamic Quotes for Wife |
20. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.