1. Leadership requires creating conditions that enable employees to do the kinds of experimentation that entrepreneurship requires.
2. Without appreciation and respect for other people, true leadership becomes ineffective, if not impossible.
3. Try never to be the smartest person in the room.
And if you are, I suggest you invite smarter people .... or find a different room
4. You can’t do epic with basic people.
5. I do not adopt softness towards others because I want to make them better.
6. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
7. What I found when I got here was a zillion and one products.
It was amazing.
And I started to ask people, now why would I recommend a 3400 over a 4400?
When should somebody jump up to a 6500, but not a 7300?
And after three weeks, I couldn’t figure this out.
If I couldn’t figure this out… how could our customers figure this out?
8. You must always remember that to lead, one must first learn to follow…
9. I’ve been involved in a number of cults, both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader.
10. When a man loves a woman, he will not be harsh and be some military personnel that dictates, he will be kind, gentle and lead her in a loving way.
11. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
12. It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
13. To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.