Islamic Quotes from Quran and authentic Sahih Hadith about Family and relatives. Learn what Islam says about Family, relatives, siblings, Mother, Wife, Husband and importance of Kinship. These Quotes serve as a reminder for importance of family from Islamic perspective and as a Muslim
And here are All Islamic Quotes
Islamic Quotes About Family Quotes
1. "A man's spending on his family is a deed of charity."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 4006]
2. "O Allah! Give food to the family of Muhammad."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 6460]
3. Ali narrated:
"The Prophet would awaken his family during the last ten (nights) of Ramadan."
4. "O Allah! Make the sustenance of Muhammad's family nourishing."
5. Of the dinar you spend as a contribution in Allah's path, or to set free a slave, or as a sadaqa given to a needy, or to support your family, the one yielding the greatest reward is that which you spent on your family.
6. "Three follow the deceased, two of them return, and one remains.
He is followed by his family, his wealth, and his deeds.
So his family and his wealth returns, and his deeds remain."
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2379]
7. Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to me,
"Dear son, when you enter your house, say As- Salamu 'Alaikum (May Peace and Blessings be on you) to your family, for it will be a blessing both to you and to your family."
8. "The best of the Ansar families (homes) are the families (homes) of Banu An- Najjar, and then that of Banu `Abdul Ash-hal, and then that of Banu Al-Harith, and then that of Banu Saida; and there is good in all the families (homes) of the Ansar."
Sa`d bin 'Ubada followed us and said, "O Abu Usaid ! Don't you see that the Prophet (pbuh) compared the Ansar and made us the last of them in superiority?
Then Sa`d met the Prophet (SAW) and said, "O Allah's Messenger (SAW)! In comparing the Ansar's families (homes) as to the degree of superiority, you have made us the last of them." Allah's Messenger (SAW) replied,
"Isn't it sufficient that you are regarded amongst the best?"
[Sahih al-Bukhari 3791]
9. "A family which has dates will not be hungry."
[Sahih Muslim 2046 a]
10. Narrated `Umar:
The Prophet (SAW) used to sell the dates of the garden of Bani An-Nadir and store for his family so much food as would cover their needs for a whole year
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5357]
11. "When a man spends on his family, seeking reward for that, that is an act of charity on his part."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 2545]
12. The Messenger of Allah (SAW) pawned his armor to a jew in Al-Madinah, and took barely for his family in return.
[Sunan Ibn Majah : Vol. 3, Book 16, Hadith 2437]
13. "When the news of the death of Ja'far came, the Prophet said:
'Prepare some food for the family of Ja'far, for indeed something has happened to them that will keep them busy.'"
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 998]
14. "Whoever fights to protect his wealth and is killed, he is a martyr.
Whoever fights to protect himself, he is a martyr.
Whoever fights to protect his family is a martyr."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4094]
15. It was narrated that Anas said:
"The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) led me and a woman from my family in prayer. He made me to stand on his right and the woman to stand behind us."
16. "Tell me what will bring me near to the Garden and keep me far from the Fire."
The Prophet (PBUH) replied,
"Worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him, perform the prayer, pay zakat, and maintain ties of kinship."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 49]
17. Abu Hurayra said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said,
'Messenger of Allah! I have relatives with whom I maintain ties while they cut me off. I am good to them while they are bad to me. They behave foolishly towards me while I am forbearing towards them.'
The Prophet said, 'If things are as you said, it is as if you were putting hot ashes on them and you will not lack a supporter against them from Allah as long as you continue to do that.'"
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 52]
18. 'A'isha reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"Kinship (rahim) is derived from Allah. If anyone maintains ties of kinship Allah maintains ties with him. If anyone cuts them off, Allah cuts him off."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 55]
19. It is reported that al-Miqdam ibn Ma'dikarib heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say,
"Allah enjoins you to be dutiful to your mothers.
Then He enjoins you to be dutiful to your mothers.
Then He enjoins you to be dutiful to your fathers.
Then He enjoins you to be dutiful to your next closest relative and then to your next closest relative."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 60]
20. "The one who maintains ties of kinship is not the one who reciprocates. The one who maintains ties of kinship is the one who, when his relatives cut him off, maintains ties of kinship."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 68]
21. "Keep a record of your lines of descent so that you can maintain ties of kinship. He will not make his relatives distant when they are close relatives, even if they live far away.
He will not consider them to be close relatives if they are distant ones, even if they live near to him.
Every time of kinship will come on the Day of Rising in front of each individual and testify on his behalf that he has maintained that tie of kinship if he did indeed maintain it.
It will testify against him that he cut if off if he cut it off."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 73]
22. Al-Aswad said,
"I asked 'A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, 'What did the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, do when he was with his family?'
'He would do chores for his family, and when it was time for the prayer, he would go out.'"
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 538]
23. "All of you are guardians and are responsible for your wards.
The ruler is a guardian and the man is a guardian of his family; the lady is a guardian and is responsible for her husband's house and his offspring; and so all of you are guardians and are responsible for your wards."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5200]
Tags: Men and Women | Responsibility | Wife | Husband | Children | Raising Children | Islamic Quotes about Family | Nikah | Manly | Guardian | Ruler | Islamic Quotes for Husband | Islamic Quotes for Wife | Hadith | House |
24. "Whosoever begins the day feeling family security and good health; and possessing provision for his day is as though he possesed the whole world."
[Riyad as-Salihin: Book 1, Hadith 511]
25. The intercession of a martyr will be accepted for seventy members of his family.
[Sunan Abi Dawud 2522]
26. Nothing prevents one from going home to one’s family except prayer.
27. "A Muslim does not regularly attend the mosques to perform prayer and remember Allah, but Allah feels happy with him just as the family of one who is absent feels happy when he comes back to them."
[Sunan Ibn Majah 800]
28. It was narrated that Hudhaifah said:
"I was harsh in the way I spoke to my family, but not to others.
I mentioned that to the Prophet (saas) and he said:
'Why don't you ask for forgiveness? Ask Allah to forgive you, seventy times each day.'"
[Sunan Ibn Majah 3817]
29. "A woman is married for four qualities, for her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion: so get the religious one and prosper."
30. In Paradise there is a street to which they would come every Friday.
The north wind will blow and would scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes and would add to their beauty and loveliness, and then they would go back to their family after having an added lustre to their beauty and loveliness, and their family would say to them:
By Allah, you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us, and they would say: By Allah, you have also increased in beauty and loveliness after us.
31. About the story of `Aisha and their narrations were similar attesting each other, when the liars said what they invented about `Aisha, and the Divine Inspiration was delayed, Allah's Messenger (pbuh) sent for `Ali and Usama to consult them in divorcing his wife (i.e. `Aisha).
Usama said, "Keep your wife, as we know nothing about her except good."
Buraira said, "I cannot accuse her of any defect except that she is still a young girl who sleeps, neglecting her family's dough which the domestic goats come to eat (i.e. she was too simpleminded to deceive her husband)."
Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said, "Who can help me to take revenge over the man who has harmed me by defaming the reputation of my family?
By Allah, I have not known about my family-anything except good, and they mentioned (i.e. accused) a man about whom I did not know anything except good."
Every one of you is a shepherd and every one is answerable with regard to his flock.
The Caliph is a shepherd over the people and shall be questioned about his subjects (as to how he conducted their affairs).
A man is a guardian over the members of his family and shall be questioned about them (as to how he looked after their physical and moral well-being).
A woman is a guardian over the household of her husband and his children and shall be questioned about them (as to how she managed the household and brought up the children).
A slave is a guardian over the property of his master and shall be questioned about it (as to how he safeguarded his trust).
Beware, every one of you is a guardian and every one of you shall be questioned with regard to his trust.
33. When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).
[Sahih Muslim 1631]
34. Abu Hurayra said,
"The Prophet was asked,
'Messenger of Allah, to whom should I be dutiful?'
'Your mother,' he replied.
He was asked, 'Then whom?'
'Your mother,' he replied.
He was asked, 'Then whom?'
'Your mother,' he replied.
He was asked, 'Then whom?'
He replied, 'Your father.'"
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 5]
35. "The best of you is the one who is best to his wife, and I am the best of you to my wives."
Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)
[Sunan Ibn Majah Book 9, Hadith 2053]
36. Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
while she was on a journey along with the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him):
"I had a race with him (the Prophet) and I outstripped him on my feet.
When I became fleshy, (again) I had a race with him (the Prophet) and he outstripped me. He said: This is for that outstripping."
37. “The most complete of the believers in faith, is the one with the best character among them. And the best of you are those who are best to your women.”
Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)
Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1162
38. "They (your wives, O men) are a garment for you and you (men) are a garment for them…”
39. It is He - Allah -Who created you from a single being, and out of it He made its mate, that he may find comfort in her. And when he covers her, she bears a light burden and goes about with it. Then, when she grows heavy, they pray to their Lord: 'If You bestow upon us a healthy child, we will surely give thanks.'
40. "O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever an AllWatcher over you.
41. "And they who say: O our Lord! grant us in our wives and our offspring the joy of our eyes, and make us guides to those who guard (against evil)"
"These shall be rewarded with high places because they were patient, and shall be met therein with greetings and salutations."
42. And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship and she brings him forth with hardship, and the bearing of him, and the weaning of him is thirty (30) months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says: "My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my off-spring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will)."
Tags: Ability | Muslim | I Love My Mother | Pregnant | Parents | Islamic Quotes about Family | Good Deed | Mother | Dutiful | Islamic Quotes about Mother | Hardship | Weaning | Grateful | Quran | Mothers Day |
43. And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned.
We shall provide them with fruits and the meat of the kind which they desire.
[Quran- 52:21 and 22]
44. "Verily, Allah enjoins
Al-Adl (i.e. justice and worshipping none but Allah Alone - Islamic Monotheism) and
Al-Ihsan [i.e. to be patient in performing your duties to Allah, totally for Allah's sake and in accordance with the Sunnah (legal ways) of the Prophet SAW in a perfect manner],
and giving (help) to kith and kin (i.e. all that Allah has ordered you to give them e.g., wealth, visiting, looking after them, or any other kind of help, etc.):
and forbids Al-Fahsha' (i.e all evil deeds, e.g. illegal sexual acts, disobedience of parents, polytheism, to tell lies, to give false witness, to kill a life without right, etc.),
and Al-Munkar (i.e all that is prohibited by Islamic law: polytheism of every kind, disbelief and every kind of evil deeds, etc.),
and Al-Baghy (i.e. all kinds of oppression),
He admonishes you, that you may take heed.
45. "And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff," and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.
And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood."
46. Mother was your door to this Dunya, mother will be your door to Jannah.
47. "There are no two Muslims, three of whose children die before reaching puberty, but Allah will admit them to Paradise by virtue of His mercy toward them. It will be said to them:
'Enter Paradise.' They will say: 'Not until our parents enter.'
So it will be said: 'Enter Paradise, you and your parents."'
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 1876]
48. A woman wants to love her husband, but at the same time she does not want to lose her family. So do not put yourself and her family in the same scale, because then her choice will be down to either you or her family. And even if she does choose you over her family, she will remain in anxiety, which will then turn into hatred towards you in your daily life.
49. When a you say "I Accept" at your marriage ceremony, you are sayings you accept the responsibility of providing for your lovely wife, loving her and protecting her.
50. Say Alhamdulillah when you sit with your family, Because there is someone somewhere who wishing to be with his family.
"And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word."
52. (Quran- 46:15)
"We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth..... "
"And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: O my Lord! have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) little."
54. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked about the great sins He said,"They are:
(1) To join others in worship with Allah,
(2) To be undutiful to one's parents.
(3) To kill a person (which Allah has forbidden to kill) (i.e. to commit the crime of murdering).
(4) And to give a false witness."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 2653]
Tags: Sinner | Worship | Allah | Disbeliever | Dutiful | Parents | Forbidden | Kill | Haram | Crime | Murder | Liar | Witness | Islamic Quotes about Mother | Islamic Quotes about Father | Islamic Quotes about Family | Hadith |