16 Islamic Quotes About Business with Images 📸🖼️
Islam talks about the rules and regulations when conducting business and we have compiled a list of quotes from authentic hadith, quranic verses and the scholars quotations talking about how to do Business that pleases Allah and what is haram in the business transactions.
And here are All Islamic Quotes
Islamic Quotes About Business Quotes
1. "There will be three types of people whom Allah will neither speak to them on the Day of Resurrection nor will purify them from sins, and they will have a painful punishment: They are, (1) a man possessed superfluous water (more than he needs) on a way and he withholds it from the travelers.
(2) a man who gives a pledge of allegiance to an Imam (ruler) and gives it only for worldly benefits, if the Imam gives him what he wants, he abides by his pledge, otherwise he does not fulfill his pledge;
(3) and a man who sells something to another man after the `Asr prayer and swears by Allah (a false oath) that he has been offered so much for it whereupon the buyer believes him and buys it although in fact, the seller has not been offered such a price."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 7212]
2. "Transactions may only be done by mutual consent."
[Ibn Majah Vol. 3, Book 12, Hadith 2185]
As per this hadith, Buyer and Seller must willingly agree to the details of transaction.
3. Hakim asked (the Prophet): Messenger of Allah, a man comes to me and wants me to sell him something which is not in my possession. Should I buy it for him from the market? He replied: "Do not sell what you do not possess".
[Sunan Abi Dawud 3503]
Tags: Islamic Quotes about Business |
4. "Do not sell food until you have bought it and taken possession of it."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4601]
5. Verily Allah and His Messenger have forbidden the sale of wine, carcass, swine and idols, It was said: Allah's Messenger, you see that the fat of the carcass is used for coating the boats and varnishing the hides and people use it for lighting purposes, whereupon he said: No, it is forbidden, Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: May Allah the Exalted and Majestic destroy the Jews; when Allah forbade the use of fat of the carcass for them, they melted it, and then sold it and made use of its price (received from it).
[Saheeh Muslim - Book 22, Hadith 87]
6. I saw the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) sitting neat the Black stone (or at a corner of the Ka'bah). He said: He (the Prophet) raised his eyes towards the heaven, and laughed, and he said: May Allah curse the Jews! He said this three times. Allah declared unlawful for them the fats (of the animals which died a natural death); they sold them and they enjoyed the price they received for them. When Allah declared eating of thing forbidden for the people, He declares it price also forbidden for them. The version of Khalid b. 'Abd Allah al-Tahhan does not have the words "I saw". It has: "May Allah destroy the Jews!"
[Sunan Abi Dawud 3488]
7. "O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent. And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you."
8. "The Messenger of Allah forbade Gharar transaction and Hasah transactions."
Tags: Islamic Quotes about Business |
9. It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) happened to pass by a heap of eatables (corn). He thrust his hand in that (heap) and his fingers were moistened. He said to the owner of that heap of eatables (corn):
What is this? He replied: Messenger of Allah, these have been drenched by rainfall. He (the Holy Prophet) remarked: Why did you not place this (the drenched part of the heap) over other eatables so that the people could see it? He who deceives is not of me (is not my follower).
[Sahih Muslim 102]
10. '(Exchanging) gold for silver is Riba unless it is done on the spot. (Exchanging) dates for dates is Riba unless it is done on the spot. (Exchanging) wheat for wheat is Riba unless it is done on the spot. (Exchanging) barley is Riba unless it is done on the spot."'
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4558]
11. "Paying in advance for the offspring of the offspring of a pregnant animal (Habal al-Habalah) is Riba'
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4622]
12. "The selling of wheat for wheat is Riba (usury) except if it is handed from hand to hand and equal in amount. Similarly the selling of barley for barley, is Riba except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount, and dates for dates is usury except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 2170]
13. Narrated `Aisha:
When the verses of Surat "Al-Baqara"' about the usury Riba were revealed, the Prophet (pbuh) went to the mosque and recited them in front of the people and then banned the trade of alcohol.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 459]
14. "There will come a time when there will be no one left who does not consume Riba, and whoever does not consume it will nevertheless be affected by residue."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4455]
15. 'Dates for dates, wheat for wheat, barley for barley, salt for salt, exchanged hand to hand. Whoever gives more or takes more has engaged in Riba unless they are of different types."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 4559]
16. The Prophet (pbuh) cursed the lady who practices tattooing and the one who gets herself tattooed, and one who eats (takes) Riba' (usury) and the one who gives it. And he prohibited taking the price of a dog, and the money earned by prostitution, and cursed the makers of pictures.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5347]