1. Every mother hopes that her daughter will marry a better man than she did, and is convinced that her son will never find a wife as good as his father did
2. It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
3. We live in a world where some women are being paid to get naked whilst others get fined for being covered!!
4. So many spend their health, gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.
5. As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
6. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.
7. If you marry a man who cheats on his wife, you will marry a man who cheats on his wife.
8. My memes are ironic but my depression is chronic.
9. Before I got married I had six theories about raising children; now I have six children and no theories.
10. When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
11. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.
12. Because the horror of Communism, Stalinism, is not that bad people do bad things — they always do. It's that good people do horrible things thinking they are doing something great.
13. On the information sheet in a New York hotel, I recently read:
'Dear guest! To guarantee that you will fully enjoy your stay with us, this hotel is totally smoke-free. For any infringement of this regulation, you will be charged $200.'
The beauty of this formulation, taken literally, is that you are to be punished for refusing to fully enjoy your stay.
14. Either you know what you want and then you don't get what you want, or you get what you want and then you don't know what you want.