1. Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.
2. Don’t try to be the ‘next’. Instead, try to be the other, the changer, the new.
3. If we can write down your Job, we can find someone cheaper to do it. In fact, the thing we might find to do it might not even be a person.
4. Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.
5. It’s hard to beat your competition when you’re copying them.
6. You have to push yourself to be spectacularly better at the thing you bring to the marketplace than most people. And you can.
7. E-cigarettes are the first genuinely new way of helping people stop smoking that has come along in decades. They have the potential to help half or more of all smokers get off cigarettes.
8. It's really hard to design products by focus groups.
A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them.
9. Create the things you wish existed.
10. Business opportunities are like buses: there’s always another one coming.
11. With our technology, with objects, literally three people in a garage can blow away what 200 people at Microsoft can do.