1. A squirrel dying in front of your house may be more relevant to your interests right now than people dying in Africa.
2. Narcissistic personality disorder
-belief that they are more important than others
-exaggeration of their achievements
-bragging about beauty, attractiveness or success
-need for admiration and validation
-lack of sympathy for others
3. Someone tells a demeaning joke, and you feel your skin crawl. Someone speeds through a stoplight, nearly missing a child, and you get angry. That’s a sign that a boundary has been crossed for you. Something important to you has been threatened, disregarded, or mocked.
4. you only get hurt by people you care about. you always ignore or forget the hurt caused by people who are not that significant in your life. the theory of "people who love you will never make you cry" is a foolish philosophy.
5. It’s remarkable how important you think you are.