1. People love chopping wood.
In this activity one immediately sees results.
2. It's an universal law-- intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education.
An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility.
3. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
4. You will be told your whole life that you need to learn to listen. I would say that you need to learn to be the last to speak. The skill to hold your opinions to yourself until everyone has spoken does two things: It gives everyone the feeling that they have been heard and contributed, and you get the benefit of hearing what everybody else has to think before you render your opinion.
Tags: Wise | Wisdom | Inspirational | Strategy | Communication | Healthy Communication | Patience | Impatience | Listening a Person | Question | Leadership | Public Speaking | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Speak | Opinion |
5. If you agree with somebody, don't nod "yes".
If you disagree with somebody, don't nod "no".
Simply sit there, take it all in and the only thing you're allowed to do is ask questions so you can understand what they mean and why they have the opinion that they have, and from where they are speaking. And at the end, you will get your turn.
6. What am I feeling?
Can anyone explain the reason
behind these heart palpitations?
What are my hyperactive
Why are my pulsating
nerves portraying this impatience?
Nothing unpleasant has
ensued me yet, still I do feel low.
Sad is an understatement,
call this numbness a deathblow!