1. If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.
2. How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you.
3. When people feel bad about themselves, they will try to point out something in you to try to make you feel bad.
Normal people don't put others down.
4. “Do not lose hope, nor be sad”
Quran: Chapter 3, Verse 139
5. The tongue has no bones but is strong enough to break a heart. So be careful with your words.
6. Sometimes you have to decide which will hurt more: biting your tongue or having your say.
7. "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should not hurt his neighbor and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should serve his guest generously and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should speak what is good or keep silent."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 6136]
8. Mood swings are not to be treated as a “free pass” to be disrespectful and hurtful with your family.
9. Some parents intentionally hurt and abuse - they absolutely know what they are doing. But some (obviously) do not.
10. How many times have I heard a couple argue about whether or not they're having enough sex. One will usually say I'm too exhausted. The other feels rejected. Both feel unappreciated and hurt.
By definition, a boundary is anything that marks a limit. Psychological limits define personal dignity. When we say, “You just crossed a line,” we are speaking about a psychological limit that marks the distinction between behavior that does not cause emotional harm and behavior that causes emotional harm.
12. you only get hurt by people you care about. you always ignore or forget the hurt caused by people who are not that significant in your life. the theory of "people who love you will never make you cry" is a foolish philosophy.
13. You can hurt yourself badly, even if you don't mean to.
14. Feelings that make one cut or hurt themselves:
15. People who self-harm don't want to die. They are not trying to kill themselves, in fact they are trying to live with the pain. People who self-harm have a very high risk of suicide so they need to seek immediate attention and help.
16. Just because it's happening and you see it all the time, that doesn't make it right. If it hurts your feelings, then it's wrong. If it degrades somebody, humiliates somebody, make him or her feel small - it's wrong.
17. Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.
18. Be very careful who you share your weaknesses with. Some people can't wait for the opportunity to use them against you.
19. Why are you so obsessed about being happy?
So what if we're miserable at times? It's natural to struggle and get hurt.
20. Hurting people you love is the heaviest kind of regret.