1. Once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you.
2. How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you.
3. It's an universal law-- intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education.
An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility.
4. Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.
5. The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
6. You must always remember that to lead, one must first learn to follow…
7. Clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
8. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
9. Surprise the world with your character and humility to the extent they quit backbiting.
10. Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.
11. People who hate you because of a mere jealousy over your success hurt themselves in disguise. This is because you carry an image of who they wish they had become. Don’t hate them back because they may also become like you one day and it will mean hurting that image you carry!
12. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "When your servant brings your food to you, if you do not ask him to join you, then at least ask him to take one or two handfuls, for he has suffered from its heat (while cooking it) and has taken pains to cook it nicely."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5460]
13. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
14. I still eat a burger at a counter with ketchup dripping down my face.