1. Once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you.
2. How you make others feel about themselves, says a lot about you.
3. It's an universal law-- intolerance is the first sign of an inadequate education.
An ill-educated person behaves with arrogant impatience, whereas truly profound education breeds humility.
4. Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.
5. The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
6. You must always remember that to lead, one must first learn to follow…
7. Clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
8. Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.
9. Surprise the world with your character and humility to the extent they quit backbiting.
10. Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.
11. People who hate you because of a mere jealousy over your success hurt themselves in disguise. This is because you carry an image of who they wish they had become. Don’t hate them back because they may also become like you one day and it will mean hurting that image you carry!
12. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "When your servant brings your food to you, if you do not ask him to join you, then at least ask him to take one or two handfuls, for he has suffered from its heat (while cooking it) and has taken pains to cook it nicely."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5460]
13. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
14. I still eat a burger at a counter with ketchup dripping down my face.
15. English Translation:
It is exceptional to be liked in first glance
It is exceptional to scatter in your own soul
It is not exceptional to achieve success
It is exceptional to stay successful
nazar nazar meñ utarnā kamāl hotā hai
nafas nafas meñ bikharnā kamāl hotā hai
bulandiyoñ pe pahuñchnā koī kamāl nahīñ
bulandiyoñ pe Thaharnā kamāl hotā hai
16. Popularity is a bubble. It's a mountain: you can go up really hard but walk down really fast.
17. I try not to be influenced by success or popularity.
18. These are the few ways we can practice humility:
To speak as little as possible of one's self
To mind one's own business
Not to want to manage other people's affairs
To avoid curiosity
To accept contradictions and correction cheerfully
To pass over the mistakes of others
To accept insults and injuries
To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked
To be kind and gentle even under provocation
Never to stand on one's dignity
To choose always the hardest
Tags: Humility | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Talking Too Much | Mind Your Own Business | Nosey | Unsolicited Advice | Your Opinion | Contradictory | Criticism | Good Vibes | Happiness | Life | Insulting | Forget | Dignity | Be Kind | Wisdom |
19. In life, we all struggle and strive to make progress. When will you know you've reached success? A billion dollars is a good sign, but there's a better one, humility.