We have compiled our favorite Authentic Sahih and Hasan graded Hadith Quotes and each hadith is with an image and includes reference. These Hadiths are taken from Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Jami at-Tirmidhi, Sunan an-Nisai, Sunan Abi Dawud, Riyad as-salihin, Al-Adab Al Mufrad and Bulugh al-Maram - among others.
All the hadith's are derived from Sunnah.com and presented to you. Although we have tried our best to only list Hadith's that are graded as "Sahih" or "Hasan" (as per the website information on Sunnah.com), always trust your own research when it comes to hadith and its authenticity. I do not claim any expertise in the fiqh and hadith - I am just a researcher and a student.
1. "There will be bounties which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no human heart has ever perceived."
2. "Three follow the deceased, two of them return, and one remains.
He is followed by his family, his wealth, and his deeds.
So his family and his wealth returns, and his deeds remain."
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2379]
3. "When a man spends on his family, seeking reward for that, that is an act of charity on his part."
[Sunan an-Nasa'i 2545]
4. "Tell me what will bring me near to the Garden and keep me far from the Fire."
The Prophet (PBUH) replied,
"Worship Allah and do not associate anything with Him, perform the prayer, pay zakat, and maintain ties of kinship."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 49]
5. Whoever takes a path upon which to obtain knowledge, Allah makes the path to Paradise easy for him.
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2646]
6. 'I enjoin good treatment of women, for they are prisoners with you, and you have no right to treat them otherwise, unless they commit clear indecency.
If they do that, then forsake them in their beds and hit them, but without causing injury or leaving a mark.
If they obey you, then do not seek means of annoyance against them.
You have rights over your women and your women have rights over you.
Your rights over your women are that they are not to allow anyone whom you dislike to tread on your bedding (furniture), nor allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses.
And their right over you are that you should treat them kindly with regard to their clothing and food.'
7. “The believer who mixes with people and bears their annoyance with patience will have a greater reward than the believer who does not mix with people and does not put up with their annoyance.”
[Sunan Ibn Majah 4032]
8. About the story of `Aisha and their narrations were similar attesting each other, when the liars said what they invented about `Aisha, and the Divine Inspiration was delayed, Allah's Messenger (pbuh) sent for `Ali and Usama to consult them in divorcing his wife (i.e. `Aisha).
Usama said, "Keep your wife, as we know nothing about her except good."
Buraira said, "I cannot accuse her of any defect except that she is still a young girl who sleeps, neglecting her family's dough which the domestic goats come to eat (i.e. she was too simpleminded to deceive her husband)."
Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said, "Who can help me to take revenge over the man who has harmed me by defaming the reputation of my family?
By Allah, I have not known about my family-anything except good, and they mentioned (i.e. accused) a man about whom I did not know anything except good."
9. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) used to eat dates with melon.
[Sunan Ibn Majah Vol. 4, Book 29, Hadith 3326]
10. It is reported that al-Miqdam ibn Ma'dikarib heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say,
"Allah enjoins you to be dutiful to your mothers.
Then He enjoins you to be dutiful to your mothers.
Then He enjoins you to be dutiful to your fathers.
Then He enjoins you to be dutiful to your next closest relative and then to your next closest relative."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 60]
11. Al-Aswad said,
"I asked 'A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, 'What did the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, do when he was with his family?'
'He would do chores for his family, and when it was time for the prayer, he would go out.'"
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 538]
12. "Do you know what is backbiting?"
They (the Companions) said: "Allah and His Messenger know best."Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: "What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of?" He said: "If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact backbited him, and if that is not in him it is a slander."
[Sahih Muslim 2589]
13. Ali narrated:
"The Prophet would awaken his family during the last ten (nights) of Ramadan."
14. The Prophet (pbuh) said, "(There will be) two Paradises of silver and all the utensils and whatever is therein (will be of silver); and two Paradises of gold, and its utensils and whatever therein (will be of gold), and there will be nothing to prevent the people from seeing their Lord except the Cover of Majesty over His Face in the Paradise of Eden (eternal bliss).
15. "I and the one who looks after an orphan will be like this in Paradise,"
showing his middle and index fingers and separating them.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5304]
16. Allah's Messenger (pbuh) came out to us on the night of the full moon and said, "You will see your Lord on the Day of Resurrection as you see this (full moon) and you will have no difficulty in seeing Him."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 7436]
17. “Fatimah complained to me about her hands blistering from grinding flour. So I said: ‘If you were to approach your father and ask him for a servant?’ So he (the Prophet) said: ‘Should I not direct the two of you, to that which is better for you than a servant? When the two of you lay down to sleep, say thirty-three, thirty-three, thirty-four, of At-Tahmid, At-Tasbih, and At-Takbir.”
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3408]
18. "when a Muslim is afflicted by an anxiety, pain or sickness then, because of that, his sins are atoned. So much, so that if a thorn pricks him or he suffers a simple, minor injury (His sins are forgiven)”.
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad Book 1, Hadith 8]
19. "Whosoever begins the day feeling family security and good health; and possessing provision for his day is as though he possesed the whole world."
[Riyad as-Salihin: Book 1, Hadith 511]
20. “For everything there is Zakat and the Zakat of the body is fasting.” (A narrator in one of the chains) Muhriz added in his narration:
"And the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: 'Fasting is half of patience.'"
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 60]
Every one of you is a shepherd and every one is answerable with regard to his flock.
The Caliph is a shepherd over the people and shall be questioned about his subjects (as to how he conducted their affairs).
A man is a guardian over the members of his family and shall be questioned about them (as to how he looked after their physical and moral well-being).
A woman is a guardian over the household of her husband and his children and shall be questioned about them (as to how she managed the household and brought up the children).
A slave is a guardian over the property of his master and shall be questioned about it (as to how he safeguarded his trust).
Beware, every one of you is a guardian and every one of you shall be questioned with regard to his trust.
22. Abu Hurayra said,
"The Prophet was asked,
'Messenger of Allah, to whom should I be dutiful?'
'Your mother,' he replied.
He was asked, 'Then whom?'
'Your mother,' he replied.
He was asked, 'Then whom?'
'Your mother,' he replied.
He was asked, 'Then whom?'
He replied, 'Your father.'"
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 5]
23. "The one who maintains ties of kinship is not the one who reciprocates. The one who maintains ties of kinship is the one who, when his relatives cut him off, maintains ties of kinship."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 68]
24. Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to me,
"Dear son, when you enter your house, say As- Salamu 'Alaikum (May Peace and Blessings be on you) to your family, for it will be a blessing both to you and to your family."
25. "A Muslim does not regularly attend the mosques to perform prayer and remember Allah, but Allah feels happy with him just as the family of one who is absent feels happy when he comes back to them."
[Sunan Ibn Majah 800]
26. The world is a prison for the believer and Paradise for the disbeliever.
27. "Paradise is surrounded by hardships, and the Fire is surrounded by desires."
[Jami at-Tirmidhi - Book 38, Hadith 2757]
28. It is reported by Qays that Amr bin al-Aas (ra) was going somewhere with his friends. They saw a dead mule whose belly had swollen up. Amr (ra)said," By Allah, it is better for one to eat to his full from this (dead mule) than to eat the flesh of a Muslim" (He meant to say that to backbite anyone is worse than eating the meat of a dead animal).
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad Book 31, Hadith 736]
29. "The best of the Ansar families (homes) are the families (homes) of Banu An- Najjar, and then that of Banu `Abdul Ash-hal, and then that of Banu Al-Harith, and then that of Banu Saida; and there is good in all the families (homes) of the Ansar."
Sa`d bin 'Ubada followed us and said, "O Abu Usaid ! Don't you see that the Prophet (pbuh) compared the Ansar and made us the last of them in superiority?
Then Sa`d met the Prophet (SAW) and said, "O Allah's Messenger (SAW)! In comparing the Ansar's families (homes) as to the degree of superiority, you have made us the last of them." Allah's Messenger (SAW) replied,
"Isn't it sufficient that you are regarded amongst the best?"
[Sahih al-Bukhari 3791]
30. "Any woman who asks her husband for a divorce when it is not absolutely necessary, the fragrance of Paradise will be forbidden to her."
[Ibn Majah: Vol. 3, Book 10, Hadith 2055]
31. "Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience"
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Riyad as-Salihin : Book 1, Hadith 37
32. "Woman has been created from a rib and will in no way be straightened for you; so if you wish to benefit by her, benefit by her while crookedness remains in her. And if you attempt to straighten her, you will break her, and breaking her is divorcing her."
[Sahih Muslim 1467 b]
33. By saying: Subhan Allah a hundred times, then one thousand good deeds will be recorded for him or one thousand sins will be blotted out from his record.
[Riyad as Salihin:Book 16, Hadith 24]
34. "O Messenger of Allah! I want to go out and fight (in Jihad) and I have come to ask your advice."
He said: "Do you have a mother?"
He said: "Yes."
He said: "Then stay with her, for Paradise is beneath her feet."
35. "There will be three types of people whom Allah will neither speak to them on the Day of Resurrection nor will purify them from sins, and they will have a painful punishment: They are, (1) a man possessed superfluous water (more than he needs) on a way and he withholds it from the travelers.
(2) a man who gives a pledge of allegiance to an Imam (ruler) and gives it only for worldly benefits, if the Imam gives him what he wants, he abides by his pledge, otherwise he does not fulfill his pledge;
(3) and a man who sells something to another man after the `Asr prayer and swears by Allah (a false oath) that he has been offered so much for it whereupon the buyer believes him and buys it although in fact, the seller has not been offered such a price."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 7212]
36. In Paradise there is a street to which they would come every Friday.
The north wind will blow and would scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes and would add to their beauty and loveliness, and then they would go back to their family after having an added lustre to their beauty and loveliness, and their family would say to them:
By Allah, you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us, and they would say: By Allah, you have also increased in beauty and loveliness after us.
37. "Do not curse the wind, for it is from the mercy of Allah, bringing Rahmah (i.e., rain and breezes), or destruction. But ask Allah for its goodness, and seek refuge with Allah from its evil."
[Sunan Ibn Majah 3727]
38. The cure for Ignorance is Inquiry.
Source: Sunan Abi Dawud Book 1, Hadith 336
39. "Some persons from the Ansar asked for (something) from the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) and he gave them. They again asked him for (something), and he gave them.
Then he said: 'whatever of good that I have, I would never hoard it from any of you. (Remember) whoever abstains from asking others, Allah will make him content, and whoever tries to make due, Allah will suffice him. And whoever remains patient, Allah will make him patient. Nobody can be given a blessing better and more encompassing than patience."
40. “The most complete of the believers in faith, is the one with the best character among them. And the best of you are those who are best to your women.”
Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)
Reference : Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1162
41. "Messenger of Allah (pbuh) never hit anything with his hand neither a servant nor a woman"
42. Nothing prevents one from going home to one’s family except prayer.
43. Abu Hurayra said, "A man came to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said,
'Messenger of Allah! I have relatives with whom I maintain ties while they cut me off. I am good to them while they are bad to me. They behave foolishly towards me while I am forbearing towards them.'
The Prophet said, 'If things are as you said, it is as if you were putting hot ashes on them and you will not lack a supporter against them from Allah as long as you continue to do that.'"
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 52]
44. 'Any woman who dies when her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.'
Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)
[Ibn Majah- Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1854]
45. “Whoever asks for Paradise, three times, Paradise will say:
“O Allah, admit him to Paradise.”
And whoever asked to be saved from Hell, three times, Hell will say:
“O Allah, save him from Hell.”
46. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked about the great sins He said,"They are:
(1) To join others in worship with Allah,
(2) To be undutiful to one's parents.
(3) To kill a person (which Allah has forbidden to kill) (i.e. to commit the crime of murdering).
(4) And to give a false witness."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 2653]
Tags: Sinner | Worship | Allah | Disbeliever | Dutiful | Parents | Forbidden | Kill | Haram | Crime | Murder | Liar | Witness | Islamic Quotes about Mother | Islamic Quotes about Father | Islamic Quotes about Family | Hadith |
47. It was narrated that Hudhaifah said:
"I was harsh in the way I spoke to my family, but not to others.
I mentioned that to the Prophet (saas) and he said:
'Why don't you ask for forgiveness? Ask Allah to forgive you, seventy times each day.'"
[Sunan Ibn Majah 3817]
48. "A woman is married for four qualities, for her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion: so get the religious one and prosper."
49. "All of you are guardians and are responsible for your wards.
The ruler is a guardian and the man is a guardian of his family; the lady is a guardian and is responsible for her husband's house and his offspring; and so all of you are guardians and are responsible for your wards."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5200]
Tags: Men and Women | Responsibility | Wife | Husband | Children | Raising Children | Islamic Quotes about Family | Nikah | Manly | Guardian | Ruler | Islamic Quotes for Husband | Islamic Quotes for Wife | Hadith | House |
50. 'A'isha reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"Kinship (rahim) is derived from Allah. If anyone maintains ties of kinship Allah maintains ties with him. If anyone cuts them off, Allah cuts him off."
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 55]
51. When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).
[Sahih Muslim 1631]
52. I was sitting with the Prophet (pbuh) when two men began to quarrel and curse each other and the face of one of them turned red and the veins of his neck were swollen (from rage). Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said,
"I know of a word, if he were to utter that, his rage would vanish and that is:
A'udhu billahi minash-Shaitan nir-rajim
(I seek refuge with Allah from Satan, the accursed)."
So they (Companions) said to him: "The Prophet (pbuh) tells you to utter: 'I seek refuge with Allah from Satan, the accursed".
53. "A family which has dates will not be hungry."
[Sahih Muslim 2046 a]
54. "When the news of the death of Ja'far came, the Prophet said:
'Prepare some food for the family of Ja'far, for indeed something has happened to them that will keep them busy.'"
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 998]
55. The intercession of a martyr will be accepted for seventy members of his family.
[Sunan Abi Dawud 2522]
56. "The best of you is the one who is best to his wife, and I am the best of you to my wives."
Grade: Hasan (Darussalam)
[Sunan Ibn Majah Book 9, Hadith 2053]
57. "O Allah! Make the sustenance of Muhammad's family nourishing."
58. "This world is but provisions, and there is no provision in this world better than a righteous wife."
[Ibn Majah: Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1855]
59. "A man's spending on his family is a deed of charity."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 4006]