1. One thing is clear:
The Founding Fathers never intended a nation where citizens would pay nearly half of everything they earn to the government.
- Ron Paul
2. War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is. Revolution is when you decide it for yourself.
3. Every disaster movie starts with the Government ignoring a Scientist
4. I got this real moron thing I do, it's called thinking. And I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions. I have certain rules I live by. My first rule, I don't believe anything the government tells me, and I don't take very seriously the media or the press in this country.
5. Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. That is against their interests. They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it.
Tags: Government | Education | Thinking | Interest | Rules | Planning | Strategy | Political | Quotes that make you think | Work Life | Demotivational Work | Smart | Dumbness | Stupid People | Citizen | Accept | Paper |
6. The history of patents includes a wealth of attempts to reward friends of the government and restrict or control dangerous technologies.
7. You cannot make one invent at gun point. Forget the movies, and think about pampering inventors, not threatening them
8. I wish to note that Intellectual Property theft by a government represents the very essence of organized crime.
9. It is necessary from the very nature of things that power should be a check to power.
10. The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles on which it was founded.
11. Every man who has power is impelled to abuse it.
12. You focus on getting the job done. If someone has to go to jail, I’ll be the one
- Jack Ma
13. Never ever do business with government. Be in love with them, don’t marry them.
- Jack Ma
14. The Ruler should not have any barrier which separates him from his people.
15. The ruler, any ruler, is only there to serve his people and secure for them prosperity and progress. To achieve this, he should live among his people to feel their wishes and know their problems, and this cannot be achieved if he isolates himself from them
16. Our system of government is based on our religion and this is what our people want. Should they seek alternatives, we are ready to listen to them. We are all in the same boat, and they are both captain and crew.
17. You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
’Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.
Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?
Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
’Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin’ in my own backyard.
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.
Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?
Out of the huts of history’s shame
Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.