11 Gaslighting Quotes with Images 📸🖼️
1. Gaslighting is a form of insidious and covert manipulation where a bully, narcissist, or an abuser targets the victim by making them question their judgements, memory, mind and reality.
Tags: Gaslighting | Emotional Abuse | Mind Games | Adult Bully |
2. Your abuser hides your belongings from you, fooling you to question your memory and think that your memory is faulty and weak. That’s Gaslighting.
Tags: Gaslighting | Memories | Emotional Abuse | Bully | Narcissism | Jealousy |
3. Your narcissistic abuser withholds information in a conversation, and replaces it with false information.
Tags: Gaslighting | Liar | Emotional Abuse | Controlling | Mind Control | Narcissism |
4. Your narcissistic abuser flaunts about how superior their memory is compared to yours, instilling doubt about yourself in your mind.
Tags: Gaslighting | Self Doubt | Emotional Abuse | Narcissism |
5. The purpose of Gaslighting is to control people and exert power over others, usually practiced by toxic narcissistic personalities.
Tags: Gaslighting | Toxic People | Narcissism | Mind Games | Emotional Abuse | Self Doubt |
6. You are having a conversation with someone. They leave. And now you are absolutely confused and doubt your memories and perception of reality.
That person just Gaslighted you.
Tags: Gaslighting | Memories | Toxic People | Self Doubt |
7. Gaslighters are habitual liars. They lie to your face and never change their story even if you have proof.
They’ll say “You’re crazy. That never happened”. They can be so convincing that you may actually start believing you’re crazy.
Tags: Gaslighting | Mental Health | Liar | Mind Games | Mind Control |
8. Gaslighters spread rumors about you and can even tell you that others also think that about you.
Unfortunately an extremely effective tactic that will make you feel that something is wrong with you.
Tags: Gaslighting | Whats Wrong With Me | Toxic People | Liar | Rumor | Gossip |
9. Gaslighters minimize your feelings to gain power over you.
They say things like:
“Why are you so sensitive?”
“Calm down. You are overreacting. “
Tags: Calm | Get Over It | Sensitive | Insensitive | Gaslighting |
10. Let’s say you have now planned to corner your gaslighter and question them.
They will shower love to fool you yet again.
“You know how much I love you. I would never hurt you on purpose.”
Tags: Gaslighting |
11. Gaslighting is a manipulation tool used by many to gain control over you, and get you to believe what they want you to believe while they abuse you and enjoy their power.
Victims can start to have self-esteem issues, self-doubt, feeling inadequate, stupid, unworthy, confused and a need to please everyone,
Tags: Gaslighting | Pleasing | Victim | Mental Health | Emotional Abuse | Abuse | Toxic People |