1. Narrated `Umar:
The Prophet (SAW) used to sell the dates of the garden of Bani An-Nadir and store for his family so much food as would cover their needs for a whole year
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5357]
2. The Messenger of Allah (SAW) pawned his armor to a jew in Al-Madinah, and took barely for his family in return.
[Sunan Ibn Majah : Vol. 3, Book 16, Hadith 2437]
3. "When the news of the death of Ja'far came, the Prophet said:
'Prepare some food for the family of Ja'far, for indeed something has happened to them that will keep them busy.'"
[Jami` at-Tirmidhi 998]
4. "Whosoever begins the day feeling family security and good health; and possessing provision for his day is as though he possesed the whole world."
[Riyad as-Salihin: Book 1, Hadith 511]
5. 'I enjoin good treatment of women, for they are prisoners with you, and you have no right to treat them otherwise, unless they commit clear indecency.
If they do that, then forsake them in their beds and hit them, but without causing injury or leaving a mark.
If they obey you, then do not seek means of annoyance against them.
You have rights over your women and your women have rights over you.
Your rights over your women are that they are not to allow anyone whom you dislike to tread on your bedding (furniture), nor allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses.
And their right over you are that you should treat them kindly with regard to their clothing and food.'
6. Focusing on Halal food is not enough. We need to focus on Halal income as well, InshaAllah.
7. The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine.
8. I can’t handle this dinner alone, come and help me
9. Food and TV should not be your only source of enjoyment.
10. Eating well is a form of self-respect.
11. Happiness is ...
Eating a good Shawarma.
12. Keep Calm
13. No Pain
14. I like Hashtags because they look like waffles.
15. Tramping is too easy with all this money. My days were more exciting when I was penniless and had to forage around for my next meal... I've decided that I'm going to live this life for some time to come. The freedom and simple beauty of it is just too good to pass up.
16. Men are the best cooks. Because with 2 Eggs, 1 Sausage & a little bit of milk, he can fill a girl's tummy for 9 months.
17. I suppose I ought to eat or drink something or other; but the great question is ‘What?’
18. You may prepare the best meal, but a mosquito will only drink your blood.
19. Giving in to food shows weakness, be strong, and you’ll be better than everyone else
20. Craving is only a feeling
21. Everytime you say no to food, you say yes to thin
22. Sadder than destitution, sadder than a beggar is the man who eats alone in public. Nothing more contradicts the laws of man or beast, for animals always do each other the honor of sharing or disputing each other's food.
23. “If music be the food of love, play on.”
Twelfth Night - Act 1, Scene 1
24. If you save your food to eat it later, it'll only taste awful. It tastes the best to eat it all while you're hungry. So you have to be diligent and be happy when you can instead of saving it up for later.
25. I'm kind of a homebody. I like to sit at home and watch movies and eat good food.
26. When there is a problem with money, people suffer. They are starving as they don’t have food to eat. In the middle of good soil, good water, they are starving.
Because they don’t know what’s edible, they don’t know how to grow things and cook them. It’s so sad they start to die in the middle of Food.