1. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
2. The enemy of fear is creativity.
3. Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
4. It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
5. Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation. It leaves you in a FOG when there is haze of Fear, Obligation, and Guilt.
Often the emotional blackmailer is not a deliberate tactic on the others’ part – it’s just the method that gets them what they want! And have found that it works!
6. If uncertainty is unacceptable to you, it turns into fear. If it is perfectly acceptable, it turns into increased aliveness, alertness, and creativity.
7. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change.
8. If you have something about yourself that’s different, you’re lucky.
It’s not a curse.
9. Advertising sells you things you don't need and can't afford, that are over priced and don't work. And they do it by exploiting your fears and insecurities. And if you don't have any, they'll be glad to give you a few.
10. Perfectionism is a dream killer, because it’s just fear disguised as trying to do your best. It just is.
11. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
12. There are only 3 ways to motivate people - money, fear, and hunger.
13. I do things every day without fear, because I am privileged, and I am privileged every day because I am white. Being not racist is not enough, we must be anti racist. Social change is enacted when a society mobilises.
14. She was a free bird one minute: queen of the world and laughing. The next minute she would be in tears like a porcelain angel, about to teeter, fall and break. She never cried because she was afraid that something 'would' happen; she would cry because she feared something that could render the world more beautiful, 'would not' happen.
15. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers.
16. I feel God in this Chili’s tonight.
17. Although they may do this in ways which seem harmless, it’s a common tactic to trigger fear and doubt.
18. We shall test you through fear, hunger, loss of life, property, and crops. (Muhammad), give glad news to the people who have patience
19. You’ll be okay. Not now, but soon.
20. You've gotta be willing to fail. You've gotta be able to crash n burn. If you are afraid of failing, you won't get very far.
21. When you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. When you do the right things in the right way you have nothing to lose because you have nothing to fear.
22. People are so afraid of hearing "No" that they often don't even try.
You have nothing to lose by just asking!
A good friend of mine once told me,
"Harv, a closed mouth won't get fed."
Open your mouth!
Say something if negotiations aren't going the way you'd like.
23. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love.
When we are afraid, we pull back from life.
When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.
We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.
If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
24. Everyone who has something is afraid of losing it, and people with nothing are worried they'll forever have nothing. Everyone is the same.
25. We're going to have to bust down the door on the myth of perfectionism. We're going to have to call it what it really is: fear.
26. Emotional blackmail is the use of fear, obligation, and guilt to control another person.
27. Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.
28. How do you defend against a person who is ready to die?
How do you defend against a person who don’t fear being sent to prison for life?
How do you defend against a person who has nothing to lose?
It’s like trying to defend against a suicide bomber, who has no problem going out in a glorified bang.
29. You won't always feel this way...
30. I fear falling in love and understanding why.
31. In order for a blackmailer to be successful, they must know what the target fears. This fear is often deep-rooted such as fear of abandonment, loneliness, humiliation, and failure.
32. When you first start off trying to solve a problem, the first solutions you come up with are very complex, and most people stop there.
But if you keep going, and live with the problem and peel more layers of the onion off, you can oftentimes arrive at some very elegant and simple solutions.
Most people just don’t put in the time or energy to get there.
33. Would I rather be feared or loved?
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.