70 Fear Quotes with Images 📸🖼️
1. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love.
When we are afraid, we pull back from life.
When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.
We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.
If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Heart | Love Quotes for Her |
2. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Hugot Lines in English | Meaningful |
3. Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
Tags: Life | Motivational | Freedom | Quotes that make you think | Fear | Fearless |
4. Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
Tags: Fear | Quotes that make you think | Commitment | Principles |
5. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Believe in Yourself | Change | Moving On | Motivational |
6. You won't always feel this way...
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Believe in Yourself | Moving On | Motivational |
7. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Moving On |
8. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Failure | Pain | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful | Moving On | Hitting Rock Bottom |
9. There are only 3 ways to motivate people - money, fear, and hunger.
Tags: Money | Fear | Hunger | Poor | Motivational |
10. You’ll be okay. Not now, but soon.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Sad Love | Failure | Moving On | Hugot Lines in English |
11. If you have something about yourself that’s different, you’re lucky.
It’s not a curse.
Tags: Depression | Fear | Self Esteem | Meaningful |
12. How do you defend against a person who is ready to die?
How do you defend against a person who don’t fear being sent to prison for life?
How do you defend against a person who has nothing to lose?
It’s like trying to defend against a suicide bomber, who has no problem going out in a glorified bang.
Tags: Death | Nothing To Lose | Suicide | Not Afraid | Fearless | Crime | Prison | Short Quotes | Inspirational | Fear |
13. When you first start off trying to solve a problem, the first solutions you come up with are very complex, and most people stop there.
But if you keep going, and live with the problem and peel more layers of the onion off, you can oftentimes arrive at some very elegant and simple solutions.
Most people just don’t put in the time or energy to get there.
Tags: Find A Way | Fear | Startup | Passion | Startup | Entrepreneurship | Work Hard | Entrepreneurship | Complex | Giving Up | Work Motivation | Energy | Solution |
14. When you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. When you do the right things in the right way you have nothing to lose because you have nothing to fear.
Tags: Fear | Nothing To Lose | Fearless | Nothing To Hide | Doing The Right Thing |
15. Everyone who has something is afraid of losing it, and people with nothing are worried they'll forever have nothing. Everyone is the same.
Tags: Fear | Nothing To Lose | Loss | Worry | Everyone Is Same |
16. People are so afraid of hearing "No" that they often don't even try.
You have nothing to lose by just asking!
A good friend of mine once told me,
"Harv, a closed mouth won't get fed."
Open your mouth!
Say something if negotiations aren't going the way you'd like.
Tags: Fear | Negotiation | Saying No | Nothing To Lose | Trying | Express Yourself |
17. Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.
18. I fear falling in love and understanding why.
19. It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
Tags: Fear | Political | Irony | Love | No Choice |
20. Would I rather be feared or loved?
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
Tags: Fear | TV Show Quotes | The Office | Loved | Fear Of Losing | I Would Rather |
21. I feel God in this Chili’s tonight.
Tags: Fear | TV Show Quotes | Feelings | Public Speaking | The Office | Speech | Awards | Stage Fright | Chilis | Tonight |
22. Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation. It leaves you in a FOG when there is haze of Fear, Obligation, and Guilt.
Often the emotional blackmailer is not a deliberate tactic on the others’ part – it’s just the method that gets them what they want! And have found that it works!
Tags: Fear | Emotional Blackmail | Powerful | Manipulation | Obligation | Guilt |
23. Although they may do this in ways which seem harmless, it’s a common tactic to trigger fear and doubt.
Tags: Fear | Emotional Blackmail | Harmless | Tactic | Manipulation | Trigger | Doubtful |
24. Emotional blackmail is the use of fear, obligation, and guilt to control another person.
Tags: Fear | Controlling | Emotional Blackmail | Obligation | Guilt | Manipulation |
25. In order for a blackmailer to be successful, they must know what the target fears. This fear is often deep-rooted such as fear of abandonment, loneliness, humiliation, and failure.
Tags: Fear | Loneliness | Failure | Fear Of Losing | Emotional Blackmail | Successful | Humiliation | Manipulation | Toxic People |
26. We're going to have to bust down the door on the myth of perfectionism. We're going to have to call it what it really is: fear.
Tags: Fear | Perfectionism | Busted | Myth |
27. Perfectionism is a dream killer, because it’s just fear disguised as trying to do your best. It just is.
Tags: Fear | Quotes that make you think | Perfectionism | Dream | Realization | Follow Your Dream | Kill | Best |
28. We shall test you through fear, hunger, loss of life, property, and crops. (Muhammad), give glad news to the people who have patience
Tags: Fear | Hunger | Death | Something To Lose | Life Is A Test | Property | Jannah Paradise | Dunya | Quran |
29. She was a free bird one minute: queen of the world and laughing. The next minute she would be in tears like a porcelain angel, about to teeter, fall and break. She never cried because she was afraid that something 'would' happen; she would cry because she feared something that could render the world more beautiful, 'would not' happen.
Tags: Mood Swings | Queen | Crying | Fear | Emotions | Negativity |
30. You've gotta be willing to fail. You've gotta be able to crash n burn. If you are afraid of failing, you won't get very far.
Tags: Failure | Crash and Burn | Fear |
31. If uncertainty is unacceptable to you, it turns into fear. If it is perfectly acceptable, it turns into increased aliveness, alertness, and creativity.
Tags: Uncertainty | Unacceptable | Fear | Accept | Live | Alertness | Creative |
32. I do things every day without fear, because I am privileged, and I am privileged every day because I am white. Being not racist is not enough, we must be anti racist. Social change is enacted when a society mobilises.
Tags: Racism | Solidarity | Protest | Fear | Privileged | White | Racist | Social Behavior | Society |
33. Advertising sells you things you don't need and can't afford, that are over priced and don't work. And they do it by exploiting your fears and insecurities. And if you don't have any, they'll be glad to give you a few.
Tags: Advertising | Sales | Possession | Insecurities | Fear | Exploitation | Quotes that make you think | Political | Mind Games | Psychology | Human Behavior |
34. The enemy of fear is creativity.
Tags: Enemy | Fear | Creative | Corona Virus | Motivational |
35. Fear and self doubt has always been the biggest enemy to human potential.
Tags: Fear | Self Doubt | Enemy | Human Nature | Potential |
36. Do not let fear capture your heart, as long as I am with you.
Tags: Heart | Fear | Love Quotes for Her | Love Messages | Love |
37. When you share something that might potentially harm you, remember that reactions such as shock, anger and fear come out of concern for you.
Tags: Self Harm | Sharing | Communication | Honest | Harmful | Shocked | Shocking | Fear | Fear Of Losing | Concerned | Caring | Suicide |
38. It was the way she looked at me the whole time. That look said more than she ever could and, in turn, scared me more than her words alone ever could.
Tags: Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Silence | Fear | Fear Of Losing | Patience | Anger |
39. Listen to the child—find out why he/she did or did not do something.
Explain your reasons; this will enhance the child's decision-making capacities.
The nine inborn feelings (interest, enjoyment, surprise, distress, anger, fear, shame, disgust, and dismal) should be labeled with words. This will facilitate tension regulation and aid the transition to more mature ways of handling emotion.
Positive reinforcement—rewards and praise—will enhance the child's self-esteem when appropriate standards are met. Positive reinforcement is more effective in obtaining long-term behavioral compliance than frightening and shaming punishments.
Set a good example for the child. The child wants to be like the parents. Children identify with their parents, and they will put feelings and actions into words when they see their parents doing this. Who the parents are, and how they behave, will have a profound impact on the development of their children. Your child will follow your lead.
Tags: Parenting | Raising Children | Decision | Interest | Enjoy | Surprise | Stress | Anger | Fear | Shame | Disgusting | Dismal |
40. The victim will definitely complain and even whine to others about how hard life is. But if anyone ever offers him some options for changing that life, the victim classically comes back with a long list of "Yes, buts." If we ever have the heart and temerity to confront him with this fact, he is liable to begin to cry and tell us repeatedly that we just don't understand how hard it is for him. Life is just harder for him than others—he doesn't know why—but it is. He may attach all kinds of rationales for that statement, but the truth is that he must keep believing that life is hard, or it might just get a whole lot harder.
Tags: Victim | Life is Unfair | Fear | Communication | Arguments |
41. People with Victim Identity attract bullies as their partners. Bully looks for those who he can take advantage of, and the victim believes that life is meant to be harder. A victim does not want to take responsibility of their own life from fear that thing might get a whole lot harder.
Tags: Victim | Bully | Adult Bully | Taking Advantage | Responsibility | Fear | Hardship | Anxiety | Identity |
42. When a Tiger follows you, you can run much faster than you thought.
- Jack Ma
Tags: Fear | Cornered | Wisdom | Short Quotes | Cool | Proverbs | Aesthetic |
43. I’m always afraid of making mistakes. I think I was born with that.
44. If man is to survive, he will have learned to take a delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a delight, part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear.
Tags: Tolerance | Human Behavior | Difference | Perspective | Attitude | Fear | Change |
45. Hard times are like thunder. They make a lot of noise but do little harm. Don’t fear hard times.
Tags: Life Struggle | Thunder | Noise | Fear | Hardship | Tough Times |
46. Not all people can’t be trusted; that it isn’t inevitable that things will turn negative; that a blip is not the beginning of the end; that you are not your problem; that you do deserve happiness; that you maybe can’t change, but you can affect the people and events around you; that you can win, not all the time, but sometimes in life.
Tags: Life Struggle | Trust | Negativity | Fear | Fear Of Losing | Beginning | The End | Self Hate | Winner | Meaning Of Life | Inevitable |
47. Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Tags: Anxiety | Fear | Mind Control |
48. I wouldn't say I have a lack of fear. In fact, I'd like my fear emotion to be less because it's very distracting and fries my nervous system.
Tags: Nervous System | Fear | Fearless | Emotions | Distraction |
49. When a symptom arises, don’t fight with it by asking “are you gonna get worse? Are you connected to a disease or illness?”.
This much focus on a particular symptom eats up on the person’s willpower and their ability to engage in whats taking place in the present moment. Start understanding what your body is trying to tell you. Look at what you are suppressing, the fears, the angers, the doubts, the un forgiveness towards yourself and others.
You must be open to taking in those messages, and using them to be able to resolve what your body wants you to resolve.
Stop fighting what you are fighting with on the inside, and begin understanding them.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Fight or Flight | Body | Suppress | Fear | Anger | Doubtful | Forgiveness | Resolve | Mental Health |
50. Replace fear of your symptoms with unconditional love for why they are there. Yes.
Say “Thank you very much for looking out for me. Thank you for warning me of something that is going to arise in the future that is connected to a trauma from the past. Thank you subconscious body for carrying this information until now, and letting me know that i can resolve what needs to be resolved through my conscious mind today.
When you can spread love for the very thing that you hate and fear, you will begin healing.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Fear | Symptoms | Unconditional Love | Trauma | Past | Subconscious | Healing | Hate | Conscious |
51. When a symptom or fear arises, how are you talking to your body right now? Do you swim in that helplessness? Do you not show it to others and put up the mask all day long?
You have an inner dialogue with yourself when you have health anxiety. That inner dialogue must change. Make sure to think from your conscious mind, and not replaying the same ideas from yesterday.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Symptoms | Fear | Fight or Flight | Helpless | Anxiety | Yesterday | Swimming | Hiding Behind A Mask | Conscious |
52. Emotional Refractory period is a system that is meant to keep you in the same anxious state that you’re already in. It wants to keep you in a place of fear and deeply sensitized, keeping you looking over your shoulder for the next potential threat. It will take information from the outside world, that re-triggers the state that you are already in.
You will not perceive good things around you as good.
Walking on the road and feeling sensitized, wondering are there any people around who would help me if I have a panic attack, or worse.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Anxiety | Fear | Threatening | Trigger | Panic Attack |
53. In the moment when fear takes your attention, and you move towards catastrophic ways of perceiving your symptoms - it’s in that very moment you should change something in your body.
Don’t look to grapple for with your thoughts- “think positive think positive… it’s gonna be fine it’s gonna be fine”. You will make it worse because you are only adding it to the adrenaline.
What you want to do is make a change in your body. The best thing you can do is slow down. Watch your speed, go neutral. Allow yourself to trust that the symptoms in combination with those intrusive thoughts will lessen in strength over time. You must trust.
A change in your speed, breathing patterns, posture, a change by using more hand gestures, a change in your facial expression. Whatever that change in body is, you need to make one.
Tags: Health Anxiety | Fear | Symptoms | Fight or Flight | Panic Attack | Adrenaline | Calm | Trust | Breathing | Posture | Facial Expression | Body |
54. Are you allowing your kids to take a reasonable risk?
Or are you being overprotective of the risks that they take?
Mostly raising your children involves a lot of your own fear.
Tags: Parenting | Fear | Fear Of Losing | Anger | Scared | Risk |
55. when you are having a panic attack, it’s so incredibly painful that it feels like something is terribly wrong inside your body.
you feel like you are going to die.
That’s intense. If you are feeling that you are going to die there is not much more intensity than that.
Tags: Panic Attack | Panic | Thoughts | Feelings | Emotions | Mental Health | Anxiety | Health Anxiety | Heart | Death | Fear |
56. When you are having a panic attack, one simple line that can get you through the panic attack when you are having it is…
“this is uncomfortable, but it is not dangerous”
Tags: Panic Attack | Panic | Uncomfortable | Danger | Fear | Threatening | Thoughts | Heart | Mental Health | Health Anxiety | Anxiety |
57. A lot of grief, sadness or anger that is being ignored or not dealt with can be a cause of feeling more anxious.
Tags: Fear | Relationship | Sadness | Mental Health | Divorce | Heart Break | Anxiety | Grief | Anger | Health Anxiety |
58. It can ruin your life only if it ruins your character. Otherwise, it cannot harm you - inside or out.
Tags: Personality | Ruined | Life | Character | Harmless | Fear |
59. The more fearful and curious we become about what problem we might have, the more adrenaline is released, making your symptoms and sensations stronger.
People are unaware that their symptoms are nervous (emotional) in origin and follow a well recognized pattern. The pattern of continuous fear and tension is what breeds anxiety and triggers those symptoms.