1. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
Workingmen of all countries unite!
2. War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is. Revolution is when you decide it for yourself.
3. Freedom is not given, it is taken.
4. If anything is certain, it is that I myself am not a Marxist.
[In a letter about the peculiar 'Marxism' which arose in France 1882]
5. I believed in evolution until I met you.
6. The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of British rule in India
7. Swaraj is my birth right and I shall have it.