1. Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.
2. Jim is my enemy.
But it turns out that Jim is also his own worst enemy. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
So Jim, is actually my friend.
But, because he is his own worst enemy, the enemy of my friend is my enemy so actually Jim is my enemy.
3. I once reported Oscar to the INS. Turns out he’s clean, but I’m glad I did it.
4. A Fake Friend is an enemy in disguise.
5. Explanations - Your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe it.
6. We have to be cautious of who we allow in our circle because a frenemy can be more destructive than an enemy.
7. On Corona Virus pandemic:
We are more dependent on each other than we have ever have been. We have an enemy in Corona Virus that is that is faceless, that is raceless, sexless, non-denominational and bi-partisan - and it's an enemy that we all agree we are gonna beat.
8. A genuine enemy is more useful than a fake friend.
9. People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power.
If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.
10. These and other efforts give me hope that together, we can and will prevail.
This #coronavirus is presenting us with an unprecedented threat. But it’s also an unprecedented opportunity to come together as one against a common enemy
11. Ya Allah! Save me from my nafs; for I am my own worst enemy!
12. Overthinking is my worst enemy.
13. Your worst enemy is hiding within yourself, and that enemy is your nafs or false ego.
14. Above all, we must avoid the pitfalls of tribalism.
If we are divided among ourselves on tribal lines, we open our doors to foreign intervention and its potentially harmful consequences.
15. The enemy of fear is creativity.
16. These are your good days.
The worst are yet to come.
17. I will protect the oppressed even if he is my enemy. But I will not forgive the traitor even if he is my brother.
18. Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren't even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they're doing it.