1. These and other efforts give me hope that together, we can and will prevail.
This #coronavirus is presenting us with an unprecedented threat. But it’s also an unprecedented opportunity to come together as one against a common enemy
2. People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power.
If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.
3. I will protect the oppressed even if he is my enemy. But I will not forgive the traitor even if he is my brother.
4. A Fake Friend is an enemy in disguise.
5. We have to be cautious of who we allow in our circle because a frenemy can be more destructive than an enemy.
6. Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren't even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they're doing it.
7. Above all, we must avoid the pitfalls of tribalism.
If we are divided among ourselves on tribal lines, we open our doors to foreign intervention and its potentially harmful consequences.
8. Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.
9. The enemy of fear is creativity.
10. I once reported Oscar to the INS. Turns out he’s clean, but I’m glad I did it.
11. These are your good days.
The worst are yet to come.
12. Fear and self doubt has always been the biggest enemy to human potential.
13. Your worst enemy is hiding within yourself, and that enemy is your nafs or false ego.
14. Overthinking is my worst enemy.
15. Ya Allah! Save me from my nafs; for I am my own worst enemy!
16. Jim is my enemy.
But it turns out that Jim is also his own worst enemy. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
So Jim, is actually my friend.
But, because he is his own worst enemy, the enemy of my friend is my enemy so actually Jim is my enemy.
17. On Corona Virus pandemic:
We are more dependent on each other than we have ever have been. We have an enemy in Corona Virus that is that is faceless, that is raceless, sexless, non-denominational and bi-partisan - and it's an enemy that we all agree we are gonna beat.
18. Explanations - Your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe it.
19. A genuine enemy is more useful than a fake friend.