Emotional Blackmail Quotes with Pictures 🖼️
Emotional Blackmail Quotes
What does emotional blackmail look like?
These 13 Quotes about Emotional Blackmail will teach you how a person blackmails using emotions with the power of Guilt, Fear and/or obligation.
This behavior has also been seen in people with different types of Abuse behavior.
Although, sometimes (or most of the times), an emotional blackmail might just be an unintentional-unsaid feeling in a person as an obligation of them towards the other.
Let's explore more about the concept through Quotes from authors who are experts in the subject.
1. Emotional blackmail is one of the primary ways that one partner controls another partner. It’s done in such a way that the controlling partner manipulates the other person‘s emotions in an attempt to get their way.
2. In order for a blackmailer to be successful, they must know what the target fears. This fear is often deep-rooted such as fear of abandonment, loneliness, humiliation, and failure.
3. Ultimatums are key.
Basically nobody does anything for me unless I threaten to kill myself.
4. That's blackmail on top of attempted murder, Kye. I can officially kill you
5. Emotional blackmail is the use of fear, obligation, and guilt to control another person.
6. Some people earn love. Some people blackmail others into it.
7. Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets… Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming.
8. Love is a wonderful thing, my dear, but it leaves you wide open for blackmail.
9. Although they may do this in ways which seem harmless, it’s a common tactic to trigger fear and doubt.
10. If after an argument, your partner goes out for hours without telling you where they are, this indicates that they are punishing you for the disagreement by intentionally causing you to worry or feel anxious
11. Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation. It leaves you in a FOG when there is haze of Fear, Obligation, and Guilt.
Often the emotional blackmailer is not a deliberate tactic on the others’ part – it’s just the method that gets them what they want! And have found that it works!
12. When that bastard calls back, you tell him he’s won this round. I’ll marry him. But I don’t take well to being blackmailed, and tell him I intend to spend the rest of my life making him miserable, got that?
13. The emotional blackmailer may go out of their way to do things for you, even if it goes against their self-interest…they’ll bring it up over-and-over again, frequently reminding you what they’ve sacrificed to make you happy.