Emotional Abuse Quotes
1. Due to the mental and emotional abuse that I've gotten from men in general all my life and my resulting hatred of the typical male ego, I have a more dominant attitude towards men and a more submissive attitude towards women.
2. When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth; just like you did.
3. A bully can be an aggressive juvenile, an intimidating boss or colleague, a controlling romantic partner, an unruly neighbor, a high-pressure sales/business representative, a condescending family member, a shaming social acquaintance, or those in a variety of other types of abusive relationships.
4. The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.
5. Verbal bullying: Threats; shaming; hostile teasing; insults; constant negative judgment and criticism; or racist, sexist, or homophobic language.
6. Cyberbullying: tangible, verbal, and passive-aggressive behavior of bullying can be conveyed online via social media, texting, video, email, on-line discussion, and other digital formats. Identity theft is also a form of cyberbullying.
7. Unless strong and effective boundaries are established, the bully is likely to repeat and intensify the abuse.
8. Every man who has power is impelled to abuse it.
9. Corporal punishment has been
associated with a variety of psychological and behavioral disorders in children and
adults, including anxiety, depression, withdrawal, low self-esteem, impulsiveness,
delinquency and substance abuse
10. Meta-analyses of hundreds of studies document that physical punishment is associated with: verbal and physical aggression; delinquent, antisocial, and criminal behavior; poorer quality of parent-child relationships; impaired mental health; and later abuse of one's own spouse and children.