Emotional Abuse Quotes
1. Due to the mental and emotional abuse that I've gotten from men in general all my life and my resulting hatred of the typical male ego, I have a more dominant attitude towards men and a more submissive attitude towards women.
2. When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth; just like you did.
3. A bully can be an aggressive juvenile, an intimidating boss or colleague, a controlling romantic partner, an unruly neighbor, a high-pressure sales/business representative, a condescending family member, a shaming social acquaintance, or those in a variety of other types of abusive relationships.
4. The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse.
5. Verbal bullying: Threats; shaming; hostile teasing; insults; constant negative judgment and criticism; or racist, sexist, or homophobic language.
6. Cyberbullying: tangible, verbal, and passive-aggressive behavior of bullying can be conveyed online via social media, texting, video, email, on-line discussion, and other digital formats. Identity theft is also a form of cyberbullying.
7. Unless strong and effective boundaries are established, the bully is likely to repeat and intensify the abuse.
8. Every man who has power is impelled to abuse it.
9. Corporal punishment has been
associated with a variety of psychological and behavioral disorders in children and
adults, including anxiety, depression, withdrawal, low self-esteem, impulsiveness,
delinquency and substance abuse
10. Meta-analyses of hundreds of studies document that physical punishment is associated with: verbal and physical aggression; delinquent, antisocial, and criminal behavior; poorer quality of parent-child relationships; impaired mental health; and later abuse of one's own spouse and children.
11. The gain for the victim is in the fact that he can get people to stay and take care of him — for who could ever really leave the poor victim without feeling terribly guilty. In this way, victims often bully others into all kinds of care-giving, running the gamut from providing financially for poor victim, to literally making all of his choices for him. The victim typically knows exactly what buttons to push in others to get them to begin or continue to take care of him. Indeed, quite often the bully identity lurches backward into his shadowed victim identity, as a means of justifying his abuse of others.
12. You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.
Tags: Be Kind | Be Kind | Accomplishment | Leadership | Force | Treating Badly | Pressure | Accusation | Blame | Abuse | Guilt | Emotional Abuse | Islamic Quotes for Husband | Islamic Quotes for Wife |
13. Gaslighting is a form of insidious and covert manipulation where a bully, narcissist, or an abuser targets the victim by making them question their judgements, memory, mind and reality.
14. Your abuser hides your belongings from you, fooling you to question your memory and think that your memory is faulty and weak. That’s Gaslighting.
15. Your narcissistic abuser withholds information in a conversation, and replaces it with false information.
16. Your narcissistic abuser flaunts about how superior their memory is compared to yours, instilling doubt about yourself in your mind.
17. The purpose of Gaslighting is to control people and exert power over others, usually practiced by toxic narcissistic personalities.
18. Gaslighting is a manipulation tool used by many to gain control over you, and get you to believe what they want you to believe while they abuse you and enjoy their power.
Victims can start to have self-esteem issues, self-doubt, feeling inadequate, stupid, unworthy, confused and a need to please everyone,