1. I think [parenthood] brings out the child in all of us. That’s what’s so beautiful. It reminds you of the fascination you had with things, and how you can spend hours just being with someone. It’s amazing
2. I need to stop being so emotional about everything.
By definition, a boundary is anything that marks a limit. Psychological limits define personal dignity. When we say, “You just crossed a line,” we are speaking about a psychological limit that marks the distinction between behavior that does not cause emotional harm and behavior that causes emotional harm.
4. Why do we Cry?
Source: Medical News Today
There are 3 types of Tears
Basal: tear ducts constantly secrete basal tears. It is a protein-rich antibacterial liquid that help to keep the eyes moist every time a person blinks.
Reflex: These are tears come from irritants such as wind, smoke, or onions. They are released to flush out these irritants and protect the eye.
Emotional: Humans shed tears in response to a range of emotions. These tears contain a higher level of stress hormones than other types of tears.
5. Dependent personality disorder
-dependence on people for emotional and physical needs
-avoiding being alone
-need reassurance while making decisions
-might be likely to tolerate physical or verbal abuse
6. You will always suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing things with logic.
True power is restraint.
If words control you, that means everyone else can control you.
Breathe, and allow things to pass.
7. Due to the mental and emotional abuse that I've gotten from men in general all my life and my resulting hatred of the typical male ego, I have a more dominant attitude towards men and a more submissive attitude towards women.
8. Why do people self-harm?
They choose harming themselves as a way of dealing with emotional pain.
9. Emotional awareness means knowing what you are feeling and why.
10. Schizotypal personality disorder
-belief of having influence over people or events using their thoughts
-misunderstanding behavior of people
-inappropriate emotional response
-avoiding intimate relationship
11. It's not politically correct to say that you love one child more than you love your others.
I love all of my kids, period, and they're all your favorites in different ways.
But ask any parent who's been through some kind of crisis surrounding a child--a health scare, an academic snarl, an emotional problem--and we will tell you the truth.
When something upends the equilibrium--when one child needs you more than the others--that imbalance becomes a black hole.
You may never admit it out loud, but the one you love the most is the one who needs you more desperately than his siblings.
What we really hope is that each child gets a turn. That we have deep enough reserves to be there for each of them, at different times.
All this goes to hell when two of your children are pitted against each other, and both of them want you on their side.