1. That's blackmail on top of attempted murder, Kye. I can officially kill you
2. In order for a blackmailer to be successful, they must know what the target fears. This fear is often deep-rooted such as fear of abandonment, loneliness, humiliation, and failure.
3. If after an argument, your partner goes out for hours without telling you where they are, this indicates that they are punishing you for the disagreement by intentionally causing you to worry or feel anxious
4. The emotional blackmailer may go out of their way to do things for you, even if it goes against their self-interest…they’ll bring it up over-and-over again, frequently reminding you what they’ve sacrificed to make you happy.
5. I need to stop being so emotional about everything.
6. Emotional blackmail is one of the primary ways that one partner controls another partner. It’s done in such a way that the controlling partner manipulates the other person‘s emotions in an attempt to get their way.
7. Dependent personality disorder
-dependence on people for emotional and physical needs
-avoiding being alone
-need reassurance while making decisions
-might be likely to tolerate physical or verbal abuse
8. Emotional blackmail is a powerful form of manipulation. It leaves you in a FOG when there is haze of Fear, Obligation, and Guilt.
Often the emotional blackmailer is not a deliberate tactic on the others’ part – it’s just the method that gets them what they want! And have found that it works!
9. You will always suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing things with logic.
True power is restraint.
If words control you, that means everyone else can control you.
Breathe, and allow things to pass.
10. It's not politically correct to say that you love one child more than you love your others.
I love all of my kids, period, and they're all your favorites in different ways.
But ask any parent who's been through some kind of crisis surrounding a child--a health scare, an academic snarl, an emotional problem--and we will tell you the truth.
When something upends the equilibrium--when one child needs you more than the others--that imbalance becomes a black hole.
You may never admit it out loud, but the one you love the most is the one who needs you more desperately than his siblings.
What we really hope is that each child gets a turn. That we have deep enough reserves to be there for each of them, at different times.
All this goes to hell when two of your children are pitted against each other, and both of them want you on their side.
11. Ultimatums are key.
Basically nobody does anything for me unless I threaten to kill myself.
12. Although they may do this in ways which seem harmless, it’s a common tactic to trigger fear and doubt.
13. Love is a wonderful thing, my dear, but it leaves you wide open for blackmail.
14. When that bastard calls back, you tell him he’s won this round. I’ll marry him. But I don’t take well to being blackmailed, and tell him I intend to spend the rest of my life making him miserable, got that?
15. Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets… Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming.
16. Emotional blackmail is the use of fear, obligation, and guilt to control another person.
17. Schizotypal personality disorder
-belief of having influence over people or events using their thoughts
-misunderstanding behavior of people
-inappropriate emotional response
-avoiding intimate relationship
18. Some people earn love. Some people blackmail others into it.