1. While drawing I discover what I really want to say.
- Dario Fo
2. A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.
3. Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons.
4. A drawing is simply a line going for a walk.
5. Learning to draw is really a matter of learning to see - to see correctly - and that means a good deal more than merely looking with the eye.
6. Drawing is vision on paper.
7. If I knew what the picture was going to be like, I wouldn’t make it.
8. A picture is a poem without words
9. We are all a little broken. But broken crayons still color the same.