1. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.
You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you.
When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself.
Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around.
You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever.
Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again.
Colors seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face.
In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby.
Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do.
Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon.
You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible.
You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you.
You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end.
Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.
2. If s/he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his/her mind. If s/he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, s/he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that s/he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If s/he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then s/he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs.
3. Get used to disappointment.
Tags: Disappointment |
4. The truth is, when we thought we were looking for a good husband or a good wife or a good job or a lot of money or a lot of fame, we were really just looking for God. So it’s no wonder that we got disappointed when the husband, the wife, the job, the money or the fame didn’t fill our need—or our emptiness.
5. Jesus Would Be Disappointed. That Those Who Dress Like His Mother (Mary) are being Discriminated against and attacked Physically & Mentally.
6. There are some words, the reciters of which will never be disappointed. These are: Tasbih [saying 'Subhan-Allah' (Allah is free from imperfection)], 33 times, Tahmid [saying 'Al-hamdu lillah' (praise be to Allah)] 33 times and Takbir [saying 'Allahu Akbar' (Allah is Greatest)] 34 times; and these should be recited after the conclusion of every prescribed prayer.
[Riyad as-Salihin - Book 16, Hadith 13]
7. Boundaries in relationships can be much more difficult to create and honor. And if its a boundary that someone does not inherently wants or understands - then there maybe huge problems because that boundary can just be crossed again and again.
8. When we meet someone and begin to discover who they are or what makes them tick, what disappoints them, what pleases them - they are giving you information about their limits - whether or not they call it that or not. Their Values. And you are doing the same thing.
9. You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.
10. When the storms do come; you can only allow them to slow you down, but don't let them stop you, there will be delays, detours, and disappointments but you have to keep pushing through it.
11. If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed.
12. Maybe you don’t lash out, manipulate or withdraw when you are angry. However, you may find resentment building overtime or you may ruminate over the disappointments you have experiences and the people who have caused you to feel that way.
Resentment and rumination only keep anger brewing.
13. When you have a kid that comes to you and says that they are upset because they didn’t get something, it doesn’t mean that they are ungrateful to you.
It can also mean that they are feeling disappointed.
Gratitude is not something that you’re born with, it is a learned skill.
14. Anger is a primary emotion that quickly triggers the brain - within 1/20th of a second. We often are primed to get angry because we are experiencing “other” issues like Low self-worth, unmet goals, disappointments, abuse, expectations, fear, selfishness, sins, skill deficits, stress or other emotional or relationship problems.
Tags: Anger | Emotions | Trigger | Brain | Self Worth | Life Goals | Relationship Goals | Disappointment | Abuse | Emotional Abuse | Expectations | Fear | Selfishness | Sinner | Soft Skills | Stress | Relationship | Anxiety |