1. It's really hard to design products by focus groups.
A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them.
2. The way we’re running the company, the product design, the advertising, it all comes down to this:
Let’s make it simple. Really simple.
3. If Nike opened a Hotel, I think we would be able to guess pretty accurately what it would be like.
If Hyatt came out with sneakers, we'd have no clue, because Hyatt doesn't have a brand. They have a Logo. If you swapped the logos, I would'nt know if I am in a Hyatt or a Hilton. No Brand. When you have a brand, you have made promise to people and people have expectations.
Tags: Branding | Marketing | Digital Marketing | Strategy | Planning | Entrepreneurship | Social Media | Logo | Design | Promise | Expectations | Customer Service | Customer Engagement | Customer Experience |
4. Thinking of product development as a series of experiments leads to stronger designs.
5. There are three responses to a piece of design: yes, no and wow.