1. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love.
When we are afraid, we pull back from life.
When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.
We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.
If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
2. Suffering is a gift.
In it is hidden mercy.
3. There are two ways to remove a Band-Aid : slowly and painfully, or quickly and painfully. Your choice.
4. Give up to grace.
The ocean takes care of each wave 'til it gets to shore.
You need more help than you know.
5. When you want to give up, tell yourself you will hold on for just one more day, hour, minute - whatever you can manage.
6. Above all, don't lie to yourself.
The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others.
And having no respect he ceases to love.
7. MDD (Major Depressive Disorder), also known as "clinical depression" is a mental disorder in which a person feels extreme sadness for long period of time.
Dysthmia (PDD) is a chronic form of depression
8. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
9. Alice Green: It's horrifying how much you can hate yourself for being low and weak and he couldn't save me from that. So I turned it on him; I tried to empty it onto him. But there was always more, you know. When he tried to help I told him that he made me feel small and worthless. But nobody makes us feel that, we do that for ourselves. I shut him out because I knew if he ever really saw who I was inside, that he wouldn't love me. And we're separated now, he's moved away, and it was so hard not to beg him to stay. And I don't know if I'm going to get a second chance but I have to believe. That I deserve one. Because we all do.
10. Stop thinking too much. It is alright not to know all the answers.
11. " and the faithful ones whose hearts are comforted by the remembrance of God. Remembrance of God certainly brings comfort to all hearts."
[Quran - 13:28]
12. One day at a time is the secret to building momentum.
13. The depressed phase of Bipolar Disorder
-staying in bed for several days
-unmotivated, sad - even suicidal
14. Sometimes talking to
is all you need.
15. If you have something about yourself that’s different, you’re lucky.
It’s not a curse.
16. You may not believe it now, but the way you're feeling will change.
17. Sorrow prepares you for joy.
It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter.
It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place.
It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow.
Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.
18. This being human is a guest house.
Every morning is a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor...Welcome and entertain them all.
Treat each guest honorably.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
19. But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
20. Life will break you.
Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.
You have to love.
You have to feel.
It is the reason you are here on earth.
You are here to risk your heart.
You are here to be swallowed up.
And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
21. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, these are just a few examples of the forces that can lead to a tornado of pain. So what I would like to say in this room of powerful woman and men today is let’s work together to beckon the world towards kindness
22. Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!
Why do you stay in prison
When the door is so wide open?
23. Serious depression just during the PMS is not typical and should not be overlooked.
24. These pains you feel are messengers.
Listen to them.
25. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
26. Love is the cure,
for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain
until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.
27. To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
28. Bipolar Disorder - When your emotions range from extremely happy to extremely sad but it generally occurs only few times in a year.
Cyclothymic Disorder: Your mood goes up and down but it is a mild mood disorder and less severe than Bipolar disorder
29. You’ll be okay. Not now, but soon.
30. You won't always feel this way...
31. Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.
32. You will always suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing things with logic.
True power is restraint.
If words control you, that means everyone else can control you.
Breathe, and allow things to pass.