1. Selfish- a judgment readily passed by those who have never tested their own power of sacrifice.
2. Putting yourself first is not selfish. Thinking about yourself constantly is selfish. Please respect the difference
3. Be warned: A person content to sit with you and criticize others will speak critically of you out of earshot.
4. People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.
5. Avoidant personality disorder
-feelings of inadequacy, inferiority or unattractiveness
-dwell on criticism from others
-avoid new activities
-avoid making new friends
6. Histrionic personality disorder
-seeking attention by being overly dramatic or sexually provocative
-easily influenced by people
-extremely sensitive to criticism or disapproval
7. Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight.
You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.
If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.
8. A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault.
9. Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.
10. We must understand the need for perfectionism is a corrosive waste of time, because nothing is ever beyond criticism.
No matter how many hours you spend to render something flawless, somebody will always be able to find fault with it.
11. Perfectionism kills art. I find that if I criticise myself, it spoils the fun. You can get paralysed by analysis - it takes all the playfulness away.
12. If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?
13. Naming your critical voice or anxiety is not to get rid of it. It's to detach from it. To steal away some of it's power over you because it's not your voice. It's "Bob's" as I call mine.