1. If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?
2. Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight.
You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.
If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.
3. Perfectionism kills art. I find that if I criticise myself, it spoils the fun. You can get paralysed by analysis - it takes all the playfulness away.
4. We must understand the need for perfectionism is a corrosive waste of time, because nothing is ever beyond criticism.
No matter how many hours you spend to render something flawless, somebody will always be able to find fault with it.
5. A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault.
6. Histrionic personality disorder
-seeking attention by being overly dramatic or sexually provocative
-easily influenced by people
-extremely sensitive to criticism or disapproval
7. Avoidant personality disorder
-feelings of inadequacy, inferiority or unattractiveness
-dwell on criticism from others
-avoid new activities
-avoid making new friends
8. Be warned: A person content to sit with you and criticize others will speak critically of you out of earshot.
9. Putting yourself first is not selfish. Thinking about yourself constantly is selfish. Please respect the difference
10. Selfish- a judgment readily passed by those who have never tested their own power of sacrifice.
11. Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.
12. Naming your critical voice or anxiety is not to get rid of it. It's to detach from it. To steal away some of it's power over you because it's not your voice. It's "Bob's" as I call mine.
13. People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.
14. You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.
15. You are being bullied if someone constantly demeans you and makes remarks about you, yelling at you, criticizing you, giving suggestions and giving you guilt trips if you don't take them.
16. Taking Advantage Tactic #7
Shaming. Putting you down and using sarcasm and critical comments to make you feel so inadequate that you give in to them.
17. These are the few ways we can practice humility:
To speak as little as possible of one's self
To mind one's own business
Not to want to manage other people's affairs
To avoid curiosity
To accept contradictions and correction cheerfully
To pass over the mistakes of others
To accept insults and injuries
To accept being slighted, forgotten and disliked
To be kind and gentle even under provocation
Never to stand on one's dignity
To choose always the hardest
Tags: Humility | Silence Speaks Louder Than Words | Talking Too Much | Mind Your Own Business | Nosey | Unsolicited Advice | Your Opinion | Contradictory | Criticism | Good Vibes | Happiness | Life | Insulting | Forget | Dignity | Be Kind | Wisdom |
18. The Press has the duty as well as the right to criticize. We welcome constructive criticism.
19. I’ve learned that if you’re too skinny, they’ll say something about it. If you’re not skinny enough, they’ll say something about it. I just try to feel good in my own skin as much as I can.