1. The ability to learn faster from customers is the essential competitive advantage that startups must possess.
2. No big company loses to a little company if they are totally committed to winning the fight.
There is no reason why mammoth companies like Barnes & Noble or Borders could not have spent real money and hired the right people to come at Amazon with everything they had.
Barnes & Noble went online in 1997, but they didn’t go in 100 percent; they couldn’t have, or Amazon wouldn’t have taken over so much of their market.
They should have done the same thing I do every time a new liquor store that could be a threat opens up near me—pound the competitor’s face in with advertising and marketing dollars (even if they’re not opening up close to me, you can bet I’m paying close attention to what they’re doing).
Barnes & Noble should have come at Amazon the way Fox and NBC came at Google, when they developed a true rival, Hulu, to combat Google’s YouTube.
Tags: Competition |
3. If you really want to dominate the competition and make big bucks, you’ve got to be the best. Do that, be that, and no one will be able to touch you.
With one exception.
Someone with less passion and talent and poorer content can totally beat you if they’re willing to work longer and harder than you are.
4. There is no logical reason to think that a tire company should be a food critic, but a hundred years ago, Michelin tires started reviewing rural restaurants to encourage people living in the cities to drive farther and wear their tires out more quickly.
Guinness created the Guinness Book of World Records to reinforce its brand and give people something to talk about in the pubs.
Similarly, I predict that one day a brand like Nike could put out its own sports programming and compete successfully against ESPN, or Amtrak could launch a publication that could stand up to Travel + Leisure.
Tags: Competition |
5. The husband and wife who open another delicatessen store or another Mexican restaurant in the American suburb surely take a risk. But are they entrepreneurs?
All they do is what has been done many times before. They gamble on the increasing popularity of eating out in their area, but create neither a new satisfaction nor new consumer demand.
Seen under this perspective they are surely not entrepreneurs even though theirs is a new venture.
McDonald’s, however, was entrepreneurship.
It did not invent anything, to be sure.
Its final product was what any decent American restaurant had produced years ago.
But by applying management concepts and management techniques (asking, What is “value” to the customer?), standardizing the “product,” designing process and tools, and by basing training on the analysis of the work to be done and then setting the standards it required, McDonald’s both drastically upgraded the yield from resources, and created a new market and a new customer.
This is entrepreneurship.
Tags: Competition |
6. Take a Look in the mirror … That’s your competition.
7. With our technology, with objects, literally three people in a garage can blow away what 200 people at Microsoft can do.
8. Microsoft has had two goals in the last 10 years. One was to copy the Mac, and the other was to copy Lotus’ success in the spreadsheet – basically, the applications business. And over the course of the last 10 years, Microsoft accomplished both of those goals.
And now they are completely lost.
9. Their products have no spirit to them.
10. I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He’d be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger.
11. Their products have no spirit of enlightenment about them, they are very pedestrian.
The sad part is that customers don’t have a lot of that spirit either, but the way that we’re going to ratchet up our species is to take the best and to spread it around everybody so that everybody grows up with better things and starts to understand the subtlety of these better things.
12. I am saddened, not by Microsoft success, I have no problem with their success, they’ve earned their success, for the most part.
I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products.
13. The older I get, the more I see how much motivations matter.
The Zune was crappy because the people at Microsoft don’t really love music or art the way we do.
We won because we personally love music.
14. The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste.
15. It’s a slow process.
And quitting won’t speed it up.
16. Sibling rivalry is just one result of playing favorites by parents.
While some experts believe growing up with a little competition isn't a bad thing, too much could create a wedge between siblings that could last a lifetime.
17. "The best of the Ansar families (homes) are the families (homes) of Banu An- Najjar, and then that of Banu `Abdul Ash-hal, and then that of Banu Al-Harith, and then that of Banu Saida; and there is good in all the families (homes) of the Ansar."
Sa`d bin 'Ubada followed us and said, "O Abu Usaid ! Don't you see that the Prophet (pbuh) compared the Ansar and made us the last of them in superiority?
Then Sa`d met the Prophet (SAW) and said, "O Allah's Messenger (SAW)! In comparing the Ansar's families (homes) as to the degree of superiority, you have made us the last of them." Allah's Messenger (SAW) replied,
"Isn't it sufficient that you are regarded amongst the best?"
[Sahih al-Bukhari 3791]
Find Quotes by Topics
Inspirational quotes that will kindle your creative and spiritual juices. Read these inspirational quotes from Inspirational men and women to spark ideas within you and get motivated for improving your work, life and relationships success.
There's so many love quotes so we decided to handpick the most heart touching and the BEST Love quotes that are our favorites. See our top love quote collection list and tell us what you think.
Funny quotes that are actually funny. This is not a list of some junk funny quotes but they have been stress tested against the most grumpy of us and proved to make them laugh. So here it is - our list of the most hilarious funny one liners, sarcastically funny quotes and dark humor sayings we have.
Compilation of the Best Spiritual quotes and saying recorded from renowned personalities. Motivate yourself to the meditation of your body and mind. Welcome to the pure dhyana Zen zone. Enjoy!
Motivational quotes that will inspire you to be successful at life, work and relationships. Get motivated by these motivational speakers and highly successful personalities who are experts in driving motivation in people with their words and insights about life and work.
Best Happy quotes that will make you happy. These quotes have the power to switch your mood from sad to happy so enjoy our handpicked collection of happy quotes and spread the happiness with your loved ones and change their mood to a lighter happier and more friendlier mood.
The biggest collection of Girl Power quotes on the Internet.
Tags: girl power quotes for her, girl quotes about herself, courageous woman quotes, strong confident woman quotes, self esteem quotes for her, self love quotes for girl.
Savage Comebacks for haters, bullies, narcissists, people who spread rumor and drama. It's time to stand up againts the racists, the ill-mannered and rude people who fat shame, bully and body shame out of their own insecurities and low self esteems. Here is the biggest most savage compilation of replies that are witty, smart, epic, savage and downright hilarious to shut them up once and for all.
Quotes, Saying and Questions that are extremely Lame and annoying questions. These questions may seem well thought, but the answers are downright stupid and hilarious. Time to annoy someone.. Let's go!
“Poetry can be dangerous, especially beautiful poetry, because it gives the illusion of having had the experience without actually going through it.” -Rumi The most popular short poems of Urdu Language by the legendary poets, translated into English language. Urdu is the language of love, art and literature. Here is a compilation of the short poems (shayari) from the greatest poets that the world has witnessed. From Mirza Ghalib, to Mir; as usual, curated the best of the best.
Hugot is a Filipino word which means "to draw or to pull out".
The trending #hugot is usually used as an excerpt from some song lyrics or as quotes where it signifies that the an emotion has been "drawn out" from a person.
#Hugot quotes have a deep philosophical and emotional undertones as the feelings expressed come deep from the heart; you've got to #hugot your emotions first, before you actually share them out with public.
A #hugot could also be said subconsciously and otherwise.
Hugot can somewhat be compared to "The Feels" in English.
Hugot Quotes Tags: Funny, Love, Life, Friendship, Hugot quotes for Crush and Work Life.
Enjoy reading the top rated technology quotes by the best gurus in tech space. Reading tech related quotes is one of the best ways to understand the deeper meaning of the technological terminology, and to learn the deeper insights with few lines of a quote.
Handpicked 100 quotes from history, with a blend of inspirational, motivational, funny, educational and thought provoking. Every single quote listed here is a Gem.