1. Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.
2. It is much easier to show compassion to animals.
They are never wicked.
3. Clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
4. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
"And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: O my Lord! have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) little."
6. Kindness is compassion and love in perfect harmony.
7. If you want other to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want you to be happy, practice compassion.
8. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style
9. A lot of things that we think our spouse or kids “should” do, the ability to self-regulate, be motivated, respectful, and complying by the boundaries and rules - all of those things are skills.
They are struggling, and they need skills and you are there to coach them, not be angry at them every time they have a slip up or say something that trigger you.
Compassion will just come naturally.