1. Be clear with your desires.
2. Michael Green: I love her. And I tried everything, except really listening, really listening, and that's how I left her alone. I was so ashamed of that, and I couldn't even tell her. Maybe if I tell her she'd love me anyway.
3. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is how they will speak about you to other people.
4. Fill your mind before you empty your mouth.
5. If there is one thing I dislike, it is the man who tries to air his grievances when I wish to air mine.
6. The less you reveal, the more they wonder.
7. Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other
8. tears are words that need to be written
9. When you share something that might potentially harm you, remember that reactions such as shock, anger and fear come out of concern for you.
10. I cut myself because you wouldn't let me cry.
I cried because you wouldn't let me speak.
I spoke because you wouldn't let me shine.
I shone because I thought you loved me...
11. Talk and use words instead of actions—speak rather than hit. Talk with the child about what behaviors are acceptable or not, what is safe or dangerous, and why.