9 Commitment Quotes with Images 📸🖼️
1. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Tags: Quotes that make you think | Change | Change the World | Commitment |
2. Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
Tags: Fear | Quotes that make you think | Commitment | Principles |
3. In a startup, it doesn’t matter if you’re 100 percent right 100 percent of the time.
What matters is having forward momentum and a tight fact-based data/metrics feedback loop to help you quickly recognize and reverse any incorrect decisions.
That’s why startups are agile.
By the time a big company gets the committee to organize the subcommittee to pick a meeting date, your startup could have made 20 decisions, reversed five of them and implemented the fifteen that worked.
Tags: Startup | Commitment |
4. No big company loses to a little company if they are totally committed to winning the fight.
There is no reason why mammoth companies like Barnes & Noble or Borders could not have spent real money and hired the right people to come at Amazon with everything they had.
Barnes & Noble went online in 1997, but they didn’t go in 100 percent; they couldn’t have, or Amazon wouldn’t have taken over so much of their market.
They should have done the same thing I do every time a new liquor store that could be a threat opens up near me—pound the competitor’s face in with advertising and marketing dollars (even if they’re not opening up close to me, you can bet I’m paying close attention to what they’re doing).
Barnes & Noble should have come at Amazon the way Fox and NBC came at Google, when they developed a true rival, Hulu, to combat Google’s YouTube.
Tags: Competition | Commitment |
5. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
I had to learn the skills I needed and become competent enough to match my confidence, but the thing that surprises me the most is learning that it’s not about how much you know; it’s about how much you care.
We can create anything we want to if we have the passion, the energy, the hustle, and commitment to our vision.
If I had been a jerk all along the way and I didn’t care about people, there’s no chance I would have been able to do this.
Tags: Passion | Motivational | Energy | Commitment | Surprised |
6. Marriage: An endless sleepover with your best friend.
Tags: Love | Friendship | Life | Life | Friendship | Marriage | Love | Sleepover | Commitment | BFF | Nikah | You are Enough |
7. Sometimes boundaries are forgotten. Sometimes it takes some effort to change, and new boundaries are forgotten. So then, you need to apologize and renew your commitment.
Tags: Crossing the Line | Forget | Change | Sorry | Commitment |
8. It’s not always easy to follow a new idea.
There is risk.
There is uncertainty.
Maybe it will fail… but maybe your new idea might succeed.
You’ll never know what could happen unless you commit to giving things a try.
Tags: Good Ideas | Risk | Uncertainty | Failure | Success | Courageous | Startup | Get Started | Commitment | Trying | Determination | Will |
9. We want a fresh start only because we didn’t sufficiently care for the last fresh start.
Tags: Fresh Start | Careless | Commitment | Will |