1. Serums are used for evening out skin tone and hyper pigmentation.
Use it with your hands or using a dropper onto your skin. Rub or Pat very very gently.
Apply serums AFTER the essence and BEFORE the Moisturizer.
2. Face wash OR Cleanser?
Both of them do the same job of getting rid of dirt and oils. However, a cleanser dissolves the dirt, pollutants, makeup, SPF etc. Face wash isn't gonna remove 100% of them. That's the difference.
Face wash basically delves deeper into the skin and cleans the pored due to its foaming action.
So if you have a makeup or SPF on, it's better to use a Cleanser first, and then a face wash.
3. The main culprit of rough textured skin is dehydrated and dry skin. And your skin could be dehydrated or dry because of your cleanser - a lot of cleansers are very harsh, especially foaming cleansers that are made for oily skin. They try to get rid of everything that your skin actually needs - not just your surface oils, but your deeper natural ones as well. So may be its time to switch your cleanser.
4. Cleansers: Cosmetics that are made to wash your face and get rid of dirt, pollution, excess sebum and oils, sunscreen, makeup, any other topical ointments we may have used during the day. Dead skin cells. Just to clear all that off.
5. Types of Cleansers:
-For Oily and Combination Skin.
-Consistency- Clear and gel-like consistence.
-Deep cleanse without making your skin dry.
-For Oily and Combination Skin.
-Same benefits of Gel cleanser, but can leave the skin a bit dry.
-Good for dry and sensitive skin.
-Also called lotions/milks.
-Consistency - Thick and Creamy
-Contain moisturizing ingredients.
-Used sometimes as a first step in double cleansing routine.
-No need to wash with water. Massage it and they wash it off with a damp cloth.
-For dry and sensitive skin.
-They have tiny micelles which traps dirt and pollutants in.
-1st step of double cleansing.
-Lazy way of cleansing.
-For all skin types
-Gentle way of cleansing
-Avoid if you have an inflamed acne
-Extremely lazy way of cleansing
-Not a deep cleanser
6. If you have oily skin, you still need to use the moisturizer. Excessive oil production during the day does not mean you don't need a moisturizer. Not using a moisturizer could actually be the result of excess oil production, or maybe your cleanser is over drying you.
Avoid Oil-controlling cleansers.
7. How to apply moisturizer the right way?
After cleansing your skin, apply the toner on your face and leave it damp. Then you apply the moisturizer on the damp skin. This will help seal the hydrating benefits from the toner deep within the skin. And this also gives you a nice glow to your skin.
8. 1. Cleanse
Exfoliation comes before Toning and after Cleansing. No need to tone if you use a chemical exfoliator.
9. Double Cleansing:
Cleansing twice. First by a cleanser, then with a face wash.
Cleanser dissolves the dirt and pollutants, giving your face wash a chance to cleanse deeper.
Double cleansing isn't for everyone and can be irritating for sensitive or dry skin.
10. pH Balance of your Skin:
Health of your skin and body is directly related to pH balance - maintaining the right balance between acid and alkaline.
0 (Most Acidic) to 14 (Most Alkaline). 5.5 is a right acidic balance for the skin. Too alkaline makes the skin dry.
11. Flawless skin starts with a flawless skincare routine.
12. In your morning routine, you may wish to skip the cleansing and just splash your face with water.