1. Be clear with your desires.
2. There was no explanation.
We are still seeking clarification
3. Asking for Clarification.
- So are you saying that ... ?
- Do you mean ... ?
- I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.
- What does that mean exactly?
- Sorry, but I lost you when you said ...
- Could you repeat that please?
4. Explanations - Your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe it.
5. Every clarification breeds new questions.
6. The object of philosophy is the logical clarification of thought.
7. Rationalism is an adventure in the clarification of thought.
8. Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts.
Philosophy is not a body of doctrine but an activity.
A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
9. It is wiser to find out than to suppose.
10. Don’t be afraid to say “Did I understand you correctly? Are you preferring that we go to the movies instead of dinner?” or “Are you concerned that we won’t make the deadline, so you want to get a better grasp of what we’ve done to date and how long it will take?”
Or, if it feels like the person is saying one thing while really expressing something else (the meta-message), you can respond with, “It might be me, yet you seem a little distant and I realize I’ve been preoccupied lately. Is that what’s bothering you or is there something else that’s weighing on your heart?”