1. All children should be taught to unconditionally accept, approve, admire, appreciate, forgive, trust, and ultimately, love their own person.
2. Childhood trauma does not come in one single package
3. To Lynette Burrows, Author of "Fight for the Family".
Ali G: So at what age you think you should start beating your kids?
Lynette: Absolutely, i mean when you think about it, a child learns from a small amount of pain.
Ali G: Do you think its right for to get a wet towel and flick their butt with it.
- Ali G
4. In the Schrute family, the youngest child raises the others.
I’ve been raising children since I was a baby.
5. It's not politically correct to say that you love one child more than you love your others.
I love all of my kids, period, and they're all your favorites in different ways.
But ask any parent who's been through some kind of crisis surrounding a child--a health scare, an academic snarl, an emotional problem--and we will tell you the truth.
When something upends the equilibrium--when one child needs you more than the others--that imbalance becomes a black hole.
You may never admit it out loud, but the one you love the most is the one who needs you more desperately than his siblings.
What we really hope is that each child gets a turn. That we have deep enough reserves to be there for each of them, at different times.
All this goes to hell when two of your children are pitted against each other, and both of them want you on their side.
6. Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.
7. Parents are humans, and we often have children that we can relate to better - maybe have personality that's more like ours - or interests that are more similar to ours.
8. Parents may not even realize they are doing it - such as laughing only at one child's jokes - Or letting them get away with things that there siblings can't.
9. How can you tell you are playing favorites?
Your child will speak up if they are feeling left out and it's important to not ignore what they have to say.
10. If you ask who is my favorite child - my son or my daughter - then I would say it is my dog.
11. "All of you are guardians and are responsible for your wards.
The ruler is a guardian and the man is a guardian of his family; the lady is a guardian and is responsible for her husband's house and his offspring; and so all of you are guardians and are responsible for your wards."
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5200]
Tags: Men and Women | Responsibility | Wife | Husband | Children | Raising Children | Islamic Quotes about Family | Nikah | Manly | Guardian | Ruler | Islamic Quotes for Husband | Islamic Quotes for Wife | Hadith | House |
12. Kathir ibn 'Ubayd said,
"When someone in the family of 'A'isha had a child, she did not ask, 'Boy or girl?'
'Was he created well-formed?'
If the answer was 'Yes,' she said,
'Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.'"
13. It is He - Allah -Who created you from a single being, and out of it He made its mate, that he may find comfort in her. And when he covers her, she bears a light burden and goes about with it. Then, when she grows heavy, they pray to their Lord: 'If You bestow upon us a healthy child, we will surely give thanks.'
14. "And they who say: O our Lord! grant us in our wives and our offspring the joy of our eyes, and make us guides to those who guard (against evil)"
"These shall be rewarded with high places because they were patient, and shall be met therein with greetings and salutations."
15. And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned.
We shall provide them with fruits and the meat of the kind which they desire.
[Quran- 52:21 and 22]
16. You make me feel like an excited child at a theme park when I’m with you.
17. Fathers day quotes from wife
The only thing better than having you for a husband is our children having you for a dad.
18. I think [parenthood] brings out the child in all of us. That’s what’s so beautiful. It reminds you of the fascination you had with things, and how you can spend hours just being with someone. It’s amazing
19. What makes you a man isn't the ability to have a child—it's the courage to raise one.
20. While many people think bullying only happen amongst children, it can also happen in the workplace or with relatives.
21. Bullies are predators. They will go after the weakest prey. Trying to stop a bully by teaching a child to stand up to him is like teaching the weakest gazelle to be stronger. The predator will not stop going after the weakest prey, he will ONLY stop going after THAT target.
22. A bully can be an aggressive juvenile, an intimidating boss or colleague, a controlling romantic partner, an unruly neighbor, a high-pressure sales/business representative, a condescending family member, a shaming social acquaintance, or those in a variety of other types of abusive relationships.
23. When one is consumed by the sorrows of life, three things give him relief: offspring, a wife, and the company of the Lord's devotees.