1. Don't ever abuse a kind heart,
You may never be offered one again.
2. 'I enjoin good treatment of women, for they are prisoners with you, and you have no right to treat them otherwise, unless they commit clear indecency.
If they do that, then forsake them in their beds and hit them, but without causing injury or leaving a mark.
If they obey you, then do not seek means of annoyance against them.
You have rights over your women and your women have rights over you.
Your rights over your women are that they are not to allow anyone whom you dislike to tread on your bedding (furniture), nor allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses.
And their right over you are that you should treat them kindly with regard to their clothing and food.'
3. Every clarification breeds new questions.
4. If there is one thing I dislike, it is the man who tries to air his grievances when I wish to air mine.
5. The older I get, the more I see how much motivations matter.
The Zune was crappy because the people at Microsoft don’t really love music or art the way we do.
We won because we personally love music.
6. Microsoft has had two goals in the last 10 years. One was to copy the Mac, and the other was to copy Lotus’ success in the spreadsheet – basically, the applications business. And over the course of the last 10 years, Microsoft accomplished both of those goals.
And now they are completely lost.
7. Being with you is like being on a vacation
8. Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.
9. When it comes to parents playing favorites with children it terms of their pride - it is mostly related to educational achievements of the child.
10. The less you reveal, the more they wonder.
11. If cats could talk, they wouldn't.
Tags: Cat |
12. Explanations - Your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe it.
13. The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste.
14. Let the waves hit your feet, and the sand be your seat.
15. Fill your mind before you empty your mouth.
16. It is wiser to find out than to suppose.
17. The highest result of education is tolerance
18. I am saddened, not by Microsoft success, I have no problem with their success, they’ve earned their success, for the most part.
I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products.
19. Jannah was created for sinners who repent.
20. Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.
21. The object of philosophy is the logical clarification of thought.
22. Their products have no spirit to them.
23. Asking for Clarification.
- So are you saying that ... ?
- Do you mean ... ?
- I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.
- What does that mean exactly?
- Sorry, but I lost you when you said ...
- Could you repeat that please?
24. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past, even while we attempt to define it.
25. Philosophy aims at the logical clarification of thoughts.
Philosophy is not a body of doctrine but an activity.
A philosophical work consists essentially of elucidations.
26. Our friends up north spend over five billion dollars on research and development and all they seem to do is copy Google and Apple.
27. There was no explanation.
We are still seeking clarification
28. Conceal your heart, control your mouth. Beware of releasing the restraints in you; Listen if you want to endure in the mouth of the hearers. Speak after you have mastered the craft.
29. As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
30. Be clear with your desires.
31. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is how they will speak about you to other people.
32. "Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do."
33. That's the problem with being a boss is that when you are tough, they resent you, and when you are cool, they walk all over you.
34. You are my favorite notification.
35. Michael Green: I love her. And I tried everything, except really listening, really listening, and that's how I left her alone. I was so ashamed of that, and I couldn't even tell her. Maybe if I tell her she'd love me anyway.
36. How can I get any experience until I get a job that gives me experience?
37. I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He’d be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger.
38. The cure for Ignorance is Inquiry.
Source: Sunan Abi Dawud Book 1, Hadith 336
39. Rationalism is an adventure in the clarification of thought.