1. Beach Rules:
Soak up the sun. Feel the breeze. Rest, relax, reflect.
2. an-Nafs al-ammarah is cattle-like nafs. How does a Goat, Sheep, Cow or a Buffalo attain Happiness? The major characteristics that define the satisfaction of these types of Animals are Eating, Drinking, Sleeping, Breathing and Copulation.
If my cattle-like Nafs is the only focus in my life, I would find more sophisticated means to eat, drink, sleep and copulate.
3. I have no fear of death. If I surrender before I finish my last breath, then that breath is forbidden for me.
4. Leave everything undefined, including yourself. Befriend uncertainty. Fall in love with mystery. Kneel at the altar of Not Knowing. Give your questions time to breathe. And the answers will find you.
5. You make me forget how to breathe.
6. Please, I can't breathe
7. The worst type of crying is the silent one.
The one when everyone is asleep.
The one when you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become blurry from the tears.
The one where you just want to scream.
The one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet.
The one where you can't breathe anymore.
8. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
9. Gasping between breaths, alone and scared.
My freedom awaits me, I’m already prepared.
Anxiety peaks, madness ensues,
Shame takes over, insanity looms.
10. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is not think. Not wonder. Not imagine. Not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will workout for the best.
11. keep your breath to cool your porridge
12. In the moment when fear takes your attention, and you move towards catastrophic ways of perceiving your symptoms - it’s in that very moment you should change something in your body.
Don’t look to grapple for with your thoughts- “think positive think positive… it’s gonna be fine it’s gonna be fine”. You will make it worse because you are only adding it to the adrenaline.
What you want to do is make a change in your body. The best thing you can do is slow down. Watch your speed, go neutral. Allow yourself to trust that the symptoms in combination with those intrusive thoughts will lessen in strength over time. You must trust.
A change in your speed, breathing patterns, posture, a change by using more hand gestures, a change in your facial expression. Whatever that change in body is, you need to make one.
Take three deep breaths and smile everywhere in your body, observing what's happening in your body.
Proceed now with kindness and understanding.
14. When you are having a tough time with your kids, remember that you are there to guide your child.
They don’t need you to be a compliance police officer. The only way for you to be that coach is to take a deep inhale and a deep exhale.
15. The 54321 method is effective grounding technique in getting you out of anxious thoughts and back into the present moment.
When you are too stuck in your head and feeling anxious, ask yourself this:
What are the 5 things you can see right now
What are the 4 things you can touch
What are the 3 things you can hear
What are the 2 things you can smell
What is the 1 thing you can taste