1. Beach Rules:
Soak up the sun. Feel the breeze. Rest, relax, reflect.
2. an-Nafs al-ammarah is cattle-like nafs. How does a Goat, Sheep, Cow or a Buffalo attain Happiness? The major characteristics that define the satisfaction of these types of Animals are Eating, Drinking, Sleeping, Breathing and Copulation.
If my cattle-like Nafs is the only focus in my life, I would find more sophisticated means to eat, drink, sleep and copulate.
3. I have no fear of death. If I surrender before I finish my last breath, then that breath is forbidden for me.
4. Leave everything undefined, including yourself. Befriend uncertainty. Fall in love with mystery. Kneel at the altar of Not Knowing. Give your questions time to breathe. And the answers will find you.
5. You make me forget how to breathe.
6. Please, I can't breathe
7. The worst type of crying is the silent one.
The one when everyone is asleep.
The one when you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become blurry from the tears.
The one where you just want to scream.
The one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet.
The one where you can't breathe anymore.
8. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
9. Gasping between breaths, alone and scared.
My freedom awaits me, I’m already prepared.
Anxiety peaks, madness ensues,
Shame takes over, insanity looms.
10. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is not think. Not wonder. Not imagine. Not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will workout for the best.