1. A Brand's job is to create a customer that creates and inspires other customers.
2. Whats the value of a brand? The value of a brand is how much extra am I paying above the substitute. And if I am not paying extra, there is no brand.
3. Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.
4. Direct Marketing is measured marketing. You can measure it, you can act differently. You can see what happened on Tuesday, and change what happened on Wednesday. Brand Marketing is a Cheetos commercial. Brand Marketing is the AirBnB Logo. You can't test an AirBnB logo - It's their logo. That's the way you tell a story of who you are.
5. Don’t try to be the ‘next’. Instead, try to be the other, the changer, the new.
6. A lot of individuals who don't own the company like Brand Marketing coz you can't get in trouble for a long time - coz no one knows if it's working.
7. If Nike opened a Hotel, I think we would be able to guess pretty accurately what it would be like.
If Hyatt came out with sneakers, we'd have no clue, because Hyatt doesn't have a brand. They have a Logo. If you swapped the logos, I would'nt know if I am in a Hyatt or a Hilton. No Brand. When you have a brand, you have made promise to people and people have expectations.
Tags: Branding | Marketing | Digital Marketing | Strategy | Planning | Entrepreneurship | Social Media | Logo | Design | Promise | Expectations | Customer Service | Customer Engagement | Customer Experience |
8. You have no business being a marketer, unless you have empathy for people you are seeking to serve.
9. The reason it seems that price is all your customers care about is that you haven’t given them anything else to care about.
10. If you use your money to create exceptional products and services, you won’t need to spend it on advertising.
11. If you are doing brand marketing, do not attempt to measure it because it cannot me measured.
12. "If I only had more money for marketing, I could build a brand, then everyone will come rushing to me and buy". Except, that never works.
Marketing dollars never build brands.
Product satisfaction and execution build brands.