1. Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice.
You have no choice.
You have owners.
They own you.
They own everything.
They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear. They got you by the balls.
They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want.
They want more for themselves and less for everybody else.
But I'll tell you what they don't want.
They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking.They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking.
They're not interested in that.
That doesn't help them.
2. Our friends up north spend over five billion dollars on research and development and all they seem to do is copy Google and Apple.
3. Apple is a $30 billion company, yet we’ve got less than 30 major products. I don’t know if that’s ever been done before.
Certainly the great consumer electronics companies of the past had thousands of products.
We tend to focus much more. People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on.
But that’s not what it means at all.
It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are.
You have to pick carefully.
4. Intellectual property is the oil of the 21 century. Look at the richest men a hundred years ago; they all made their money extracting natural resources or moving them around. All today's richest men have made their money out of intellectual property.
5. In life, we all struggle and strive to make progress. When will you know you've reached success? A billion dollars is a good sign, but there's a better one, humility.