1. Listen carefully to how a person speaks about other people to you. This is how they will speak about you to other people.
2. Be warned: A person content to sit with you and criticize others will speak critically of you out of earshot.
3. The belief systems of the person with a victim identity fall along these lines:
1. Life is really, really hard.
2. Don't get up, you'll just get kicked back down again.
3. Beware, always beware of trickery; it's around every corner.
4. You can't trust anyone.
5. I can't.
7. You just don't understand how hard it is for me.
8. Everyone is always picking on me.
9. "They" are always bigger, badder and smarter than me.