Astaghfirullah Quotes in English from Quran and Hadith. Astaghfirullah means "I seek forgiveness from Allah". To do Istighfar is to repent and ask for forgiveness from Allah.
Here's a list of Islamic quotes for you about Astaghfirullah.
1. “Whoever drinks wine and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents, Allah will accept his repentance. If he drinks wine again and gets drunk, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, but if he repents Allah will accept his repentance. But if he does it again, then Allah will most certainly make him drink of the mire of the puss or sweat on the Day of Resurrection.” They said: “O Messenger of Allah, what is the mire of the pus or sweat? He said: “The drippings of the people of Hell.”
[Ibn Majah - Vol. 4, Book 30, Hadith 3377]
(i seek Allah's forgiveness)
3. Hilal bin Umaiyya accused his wife of illegal sexual intercourse and came to the Prophet (pbuh) to bear witness (against her), (taking the oath of Lian). The Prophet (pbuh) was saying, "Allah knows that either of you is a liar. Will anyone of you repent (to Allah)?" Then the lady got up and gave her witness.
[Sahih al-Bukhari 5307]
4. And in every moment you find yourself silent, say Astaghfirullah
5. "The adulterer is not a believer while he is committing adultery, and the thief is not a believer while he is stealing, but there is a chance for repentance; (if he repents, Allah will accept the repentance)."
6. Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said, "Whoever drinks alcoholic drinks in the world and does not repent (before dying), will be deprived of it in the Hereafter."
[Sahih Bukhari - 5575]
7. (Quran 5:39)
"But whoever repents after his wrongdoing and reforms, indeed, Allah will turn to him in forgiveness. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."
8. "We used to count that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said one hundred times in a gathering: 'Rabbighfirli wa tub `alayya innaka Antat-Tawwabur-Rahim (O Allah forgive me and accept my repentance, for You are the Accepter of repentance, the Most Merciful).'"
[Sunan Ibn Majah 3814]
9. “If the son of Adam had two valleys of wealth, he would love to have a third along with them. Nothing could satisfy him except dust. And Allah accepts the repentance of the one who repents.”
[Ibn Majah - Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4235]
10. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant. Alhamdulillah