1. Our friends up north spend over five billion dollars on research and development and all they seem to do is copy Google and Apple.
2. I am saddened, not by Microsoft success, I have no problem with their success, they’ve earned their success, for the most part.
I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products.
3. The older I get, the more I see how much motivations matter.
The Zune was crappy because the people at Microsoft don’t really love music or art the way we do.
We won because we personally love music.
4. Apple is a $30 billion company, yet we’ve got less than 30 major products. I don’t know if that’s ever been done before.
Certainly the great consumer electronics companies of the past had thousands of products.
We tend to focus much more. People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on.
But that’s not what it means at all.
It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are.
You have to pick carefully.
5. If Apple made a car, would it have windows?