1. If after an argument, your partner goes out for hours without telling you where they are, this indicates that they are punishing you for the disagreement by intentionally causing you to worry or feel anxious
2. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
3. "Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn but Allah will expiate his sins on account of his patience"
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Riyad as-Salihin : Book 1, Hadith 37
4. A woman wants to love her husband, but at the same time she does not want to lose her family. So do not put yourself and her family in the same scale, because then her choice will be down to either you or her family. And even if she does choose you over her family, she will remain in anxiety, which will then turn into hatred towards you in your daily life.
5. "when a Muslim is afflicted by an anxiety, pain or sickness then, because of that, his sins are atoned. So much, so that if a thorn pricks him or he suffers a simple, minor injury (His sins are forgiven)”.
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad Book 1, Hadith 8]
6. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
7. These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.
8. And do not carry the anxiety for the future because it is in the Hand of Allah.
9. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, these are just a few examples of the forces that can lead to a tornado of pain. So what I would like to say in this room of powerful woman and men today is let’s work together to beckon the world towards kindness
10. Naming your critical voice or anxiety is not to get rid of it. It's to detach from it. To steal away some of it's power over you because it's not your voice. It's "Bob's" as I call mine.
11. The worst type of crying is the silent one.
The one when everyone is asleep.
The one when you feel it in your throat, and your eyes become blurry from the tears.
The one where you just want to scream.
The one where you have to hold your breath and grab your stomach to keep quiet.
The one where you can't breathe anymore.
12. Anxiety is experiencing failure in advance.
13. Guilt Trip
A special kind of manipulation tactic. A manipulator suggests to the conscientious victim that he or she does not care enough, is too selfish or has it easy. This usually results in victim feeling bad, keeping them in self-doubt, anxious and submissive position.
14. Feelings that make one cut or hurt themselves:
15. Gasping between breaths, alone and scared.
My freedom awaits me, I’m already prepared.
Anxiety peaks, madness ensues,
Shame takes over, insanity looms.
16. Signs of being Emotionally Drained:
-Irritated very quickly
-lack of motivation
-sleep issues and nausea
-crying for no reason
17. If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
18. I saw a book titled "Anxiety and Depression for Dummies" yesterday in the store... Not sure if it is appropriate to label someone looking for mental help a "dummy".
19. There's always anxiety when you start a new job, you're the one guy who doesn't know where the ketchup is.
20. Corporal punishment has been
associated with a variety of psychological and behavioral disorders in children and
adults, including anxiety, depression, withdrawal, low self-esteem, impulsiveness,
delinquency and substance abuse
21. I always tell myself that I must be strong. If I start to rely on someone, I'll be anxious thinking that person might leave me.
22. One does not feel anxious about the things you’re sure of.