All You Need to Know About AHAs for Your Skin
Chemical exfoliators are BHA, AHA and PHA. They unglue the dead skin cells from your skin. AHA is Alpha Hydroxy Acids. They come from Milk, Sugar and Fruits. AHA's work on the surface of the skin so they are good for dry and sensitive skin.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids Aha Quotes
1. Chemical exfoliators are BHA, AHA and PHA.
They unglue the dead skin cells from your skin.
2. AHA is Alpha Hydroxy Acids. They come from Milk, Sugar and Fruits. AHA's work on the surface of the skin so they are good for dry and sensitive skin.
3. PHA is Poly Hydroxy acid which is relatively new for skin care. They don't penetrate as deep into the skin as AHAs and BHAs and work on the skin surface without disturbing the delicate layers that lie beneath. Good for people with eczema, rosacea and very sensitive skin.
4. Chemical Exfoliators are products which contain a AHA/BHA/PHA, a peeling mask or gel.
Physical Exfoliators is using something like a wash cloth, or a scrub, or using a mechanical spinning brush.
5. On the days when you are not exfoliating, you can use a Retinol. You can use AHA/BHA/PHA and Retinol in the same routine if your skin likes it.
NIACINAMIDE + AHAs
AHAs (glycolic acid, lactic acid..)
They work great together. You don't have to worry about any sensitivity or irritation.
Niacinamide is not just found in Serums, but is also active ingredients in many moisturizers.
7. Mixing AHAs + BHAs:
This is a great combination as it exfoliates your skin pretty well together. Together, they give you an ultimate glow overnight.
Mixing Retinol + AHAs or BHAs
Technically, you can mix them together. Retinol helps your body to produce more skin cells, while exfoliation helps to shed excess skin cells.
Using both the same time can be effective, but you are risking over exfoliating your face.
You can use it if you have been using Retinol or Exfoliants for a long time and have not experienced sensitivity.
The best way is to use Retinol one night, and exfoliate the other night. So one day you produce more skin cells, and the other day you shed the excess skin cells. Perfect!
How to use Niacinamide?
You can find Vit B3 in every stage of your skin care routine. You can use it in combination with AHA/BHA, Hyaluronic Acid, Retinols, Vit C - it mixes well with everything.
It works best on leave on products like essences, serums or night creams.
Use it twice a day, in the morning you may use a product which contains some niacinamide, and at night you may use it in a concentrated form, like a serum.