1. What I want is to be needed.
What I need is to be indispensable to somebody.
Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention.
Somebody addicted to me.
A mutual addiction.
2. Social media is like crack—immediately gratifying and hugely addictive.
3. Perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life-paralysis.
4. If you do not learn the right way to deal with emotional pain, you increase your risk of major depression, addiction and suicide.
5. Self-harm is addictive. It turns into a compulsive behavior that controls you, and once started - it seems impossible to stop.
6. My wife says she's leaving me because of my addiction to antidepressants. So I thought about it and realized; that’s great, then I won’t need them anymore.
7. In the short term, corporal punishment may produce obedience. But it is a fact documented by research that in the long term the results are inability to learn, violence and rage, bullying, cruelty, inability to feel another's pain, especially that of one's own children, even drug addiction and suicide, unless there are enlightened or at least helping witnesses on hand to prevent that development.
8. A woman is dangerous when she is armed with beauty and a sense of humor, as she becomes irresistibly addictive.
9. It really sucks to become used to something.
10. You have to build a relationship with the world of the unknown, uncertainty and make peace with peace. You will have to bring your authentic self back. The part of you that isn’t afraid, that sees things as they are - not worse than what they are. You have to bring this person out each and every day in order for you to heal, or else you are just going to keep getting addicted to stress hormones. See beyond your symptoms and intrusive thoughts.
11. Health anxiety provides us certain things.
Living comfortably with the addiction to suffering, as it provides you many things like feeling safe, some level of comfort and security, love from others, an opportunity to stay in your comfort zone and not take on too much.