37 Psychology Quotes with Images 📸🖼️
The best Psychology quotes about personality, human behavior and mind
1. People who have an inferiority complex assume other people have a superiority complex, especially tall people.
Tags: Tall | Assumption |
2. Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Tags: Bias | Judgemental | Patience | Idiot |
3. Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice.
Tags: Psychology | Talking Too Much | Listening a Person |
4. Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?
Tags: Psychology |
5. The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them.
6. I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth--then shut up.
Tags: Psychology | Quotes that make you think |
7. The better you learn the psychology and habits of your social media consumers, the better you can tell the right story at the right time.
Tags: Psychology | Media |
8. When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.
Tags: Psychology | Quotes that make you think | Meaningful |
9. Pain doesn't listen to reason, it has it's own reason,
which is not reasonable.
Tags: Pain | Hitting Rock Bottom |
10. You will always suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing things with logic.
True power is restraint.
If words control you, that means everyone else can control you.
Breathe, and allow things to pass.
Tags: Suffering | Emotional | Depression | Logic | Controlling | Life | Emotionally Drained |
11. If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.
Tags: Truth | Power | Hurt | Power | When Someone Puts You Down | Social Behavior | Weakness |
12. It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves, you know, to put other people down, or make fun of them, or maybe make mockery of their work and that doesn't make me feel good at all.
Tags: Power | Negativity | When Someone Puts You Down | Weakness | Mocking | Cant Bring Me Down |
13. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
Tags: Art | Leadership | Overlook | Wise | Management |
14. What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.
Tags: Life | Truth | Inspirational | Life | Truth | Screwed Up | Imagination | Mental Picture |
15. Trauma does not have to occur by abuse alone.
Tags: Trauma | Abuse | Mental Health |
16. Childhood trauma does not come in one single package
Tags: Trauma | Children | Depression |
17. Shame and blame should have no place in our body, mind, or spirit.
Tags: Spirituality | Spirituality | Shame | Blame | Simply | Mind | Games | Body | Dr. Asa Don Brown |
18. Blame and shame are simply mind games.
Tags: Psychology | Shame | Blame | Mind Games | Simply | Dr. Asa Don Brown | Mental Health | Mental Wellness |
19. Be clear with your desires.
Tags: Clear | Desires | Clarification | Communication | Healthy Communication |
20. When a man is penalized for honesty, he learns to lie.
Tags: Wrong | Blame | Punishing | Mistake | Liar |
21. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
Tags: Personality Disorder | Psychology | Therapy | Relationship | Negativity | Medicine | Depression | OCD | Anxiety | Mood Swings | Impulsive | Irritated |
By definition, a boundary is anything that marks a limit. Psychological limits define personal dignity. When we say, “You just crossed a line,” we are speaking about a psychological limit that marks the distinction between behavior that does not cause emotional harm and behavior that causes emotional harm.
Tags: Crossing the Line | Word Meaning | Definition | Dignity | Psychology | Emotional | Harmful | Human Behavior | Hurt | Relationship |
23. Advertising sells you things you don't need and can't afford, that are over priced and don't work. And they do it by exploiting your fears and insecurities. And if you don't have any, they'll be glad to give you a few.
Tags: Advertising | Sales | Possession | Insecurities | Fear | Exploitation | Quotes that make you think | Political | Mind Games | Psychology | Human Behavior |
24. Anchoring: A number given first by one of the two parties during negotiation. Anchoring is a form of "heuristic" (mental shortcut).
Anchor above where you expect the client to spend.
Tags: Negotiation | Word Meaning | Sales | Mind Games | Psychology |
25. Emotional awareness means knowing what you are feeling and why.
Tags: Emotional | Aware | Feelings | Mixed Feelings | Why | Mental Health | Psychology | Emotionally Drained |
26. Due to the mental and emotional abuse that I've gotten from men in general all my life and my resulting hatred of the typical male ego, I have a more dominant attitude towards men and a more submissive attitude towards women.
Tags: Mental Health | Emotional | Emotional Abuse | Abuse | Hate | Manly | Submissive | Dominance | Attitude | Women | Understanding Women | Psychology | Self Awareness | Submissive Men |
27. Adult bullies need to make you feel bad so they can feel good. Twisted isn't it?
Hold your head up and chest out. Reality is they envy you! Your success, your looks, your car, your clothes, your job, your friends..something.. there is something about you that they envy. That is why they pick on you to feed their own insecurities and jealousy.
Tags: Bully | Adult Bully | Insecurities | Jealousy | Feel Good | Standing Up | Looking Good | Beauty | Job | Friendship | Mental Health | Mental Wellness | Mind Games | Mind Control | Psychology |
28. Although taking advantage is considered "passive aggressive", some consider it to be "covert aggressive".
Deceiving and manipulating us to get what they want, covert aggressors very actively try to control other people.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Passive Aggressive | Deception | Manipulation | Controlling | Mind Games | Psychology | Consideration |
29. Taking Advantage Tactic #3
Denial. Refusing to admit they’ve said or done something, which can make you begin doubting yourself.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Denial | Refusal | Admitting | Blame | Mind Games | Victim | Doubtful | Self Doubt | Psychology |
30. Taking Advantage Tactic #6
Guilt. Using your conscience and desire to be a good person to control and manipulate you.
Tags: Taking Advantage | Guilt | Conscience | Desires | Controlling | Manipulation | Mind Games | Psychology | Help |
31. When you know yourself well and do not despise yourself utterly, it is because you are too exhausted to indulge in extreme feelings.
Tags: Emotionally Drained | Self Hate | Mixed Feelings | Self Awareness | Psychology |
32. The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.
Tags: Mind Games | Funny Marriage | Reverse Psychology | Psychology | Self Esteem | Insecurities | Validation | Approval |
33. If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.
Tags: Funny Marriage | Psychology |
34. Chess is a very tough game, and psychologically a tough game. And of course, chess needs a lot of qualities, human qualities. And so you must have a very strong nervous system, and then you must be well prepared; you must be able to work a lot.
Tags: Nervous System | Chess | Psychology |
35. and whining doesn’t get the attention, it often just goes away.
Tags: Whining | Strategy | Psychology | Reverse Psychology | Parenting |
36. Whenever your partner or your kids say or do something that is not acceptable, before responding ask yourself
“Do I want to help or Do I want to hurt?”
“Do I want to punish or discipline?”
Tags: Conflict Resolution | Parenting | Psychology | Guilt | Relationship | Punishing | Discipline |
37. Never in the history of the world someone has calmed down or relaxed when you say “Calm Down” or “Relax”.
Tags: Communication | Healthy Communication | Parenting | Calm | Relaxing | Demand | Arguments | Understanding | Psychology | Emotions |