The best Psychology quotes about personality, human behavior and mind
1. I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth--then shut up.
2. Blame and shame are simply mind games.
3. Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice.
Tags: Psychology |
4. Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?
Tags: Psychology |
5. When a man is penalized for honesty, he learns to lie.
6. Be clear with your desires.
7. What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.
8. Personality Disorder Treatments
1. Psychotherapy - speaking with a therapist to better understand your feelings and learn how to manage stress and improve relationships and how to change negative thinking patterns
2. Medication - antidepressants help in improving depressed mood, anger or impulsivity. Mood stabilizers are for mood swings, irritability and anger; anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medications
9. When you connect to the silence within you, that is when you can make sense of the disturbance going on around you.
10. Childhood trauma does not come in one single package
11. The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them.
12. People who have an inferiority complex assume other people have a superiority complex, especially tall people.
13. Advertising sells you things you don't need and can't afford, that are over priced and don't work. And they do it by exploiting your fears and insecurities. And if you don't have any, they'll be glad to give you a few.
14. You will always suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing things with logic.
True power is restraint.
If words control you, that means everyone else can control you.
Breathe, and allow things to pass.
15. The better you learn the psychology and habits of your social media consumers, the better you can tell the right story at the right time.
16. Shame and blame should have no place in our body, mind, or spirit.
17. It sometimes makes people feel better about themselves, you know, to put other people down, or make fun of them, or maybe make mockery of their work and that doesn't make me feel good at all.
18. Pain doesn't listen to reason, it has it's own reason,
which is not reasonable.
19. Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
20. Trauma does not have to occur by abuse alone.
21. The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
By definition, a boundary is anything that marks a limit. Psychological limits define personal dignity. When we say, “You just crossed a line,” we are speaking about a psychological limit that marks the distinction between behavior that does not cause emotional harm and behavior that causes emotional harm.
23. If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.