There's so many love quotes so we decided to handpick the most heart touching and the BEST Love quotes that are our favorites. See our top love quote collection list and tell us what you think.
1. Being with you is like being on a vacation.
2. I have found my happiness.
3. You are the best decision I ever made
4. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
5. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.
You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you.
When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself.
Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around.
You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever.
Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again.
Colors seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face.
In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby.
Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do.
Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon.
You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible.
You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you.
You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end.
Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.
6. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
7. Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it?
It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you.
They didn't ask for it.
They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore.
Love takes hostages.
It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart.
Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain.
I hate love.
8. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
9. You may not be her first, her last, or her only.
She loved before she may love again.
But if she loves you now, what else matters?
She's not perfect—you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can.
She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break — her heart.
So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give.
Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.
10. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants.
But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.
11. You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.
12. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
13. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.
Tags: Love Quotes for Her |
14. To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
To love is to be vulnerable.
15. When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
16. I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school.
They don't teach you how to love somebody.
They don't teach you how to be famous.
They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor.
They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer.
They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind.
They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying.
They don't teach you anything worth knowing.
17. So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.
18. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
19. He’s not perfect.
You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect.
But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can.
He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break.
Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give.
Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there.
Love hard when there is love to be had.
Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.
20. I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight.
But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you.
Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.
Tags: Love Quotes for Her |
21. When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.
22. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not selfish, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
23. Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage.
Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.
24. You are, and always have been, my dream.
25. You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.
26. Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary.
27. Life will break you.
Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning.
You have to love.
You have to feel.
It is the reason you are here on earth.
You are here to risk your heart.
You are here to be swallowed up.
And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness.
Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
28. Where there is love there is life.
29. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love.
When we are afraid, we pull back from life.
When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.
We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.
If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
30. Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
31. He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Tags: Love Quotes for Her |
32. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
33. I heard what you said.
I’m not the silly romantic you think.
I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars.
I don’t want gemstones or gold.
I have those things already.
I want … a steady hand.
A kind soul.
I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe.
I want to love, and be loved.
34. Above all, don't lie to yourself.
The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others.
And having no respect he ceases to love.
35. Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.
The cure for pain is in the pain.
As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.
36. They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world:
someone to love
something to do
and something to hope for.
37. Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that's beautiful.
38. No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.
39. They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.
40. What I want is to be needed.
What I need is to be indispensable to somebody.
Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention.
Somebody addicted to me.
A mutual addiction.
41. If s/he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his/her mind. If s/he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, s/he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that s/he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If s/he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then s/he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs.
42. Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.
43. Falling in love is a secret ambition, finding true love is the greatest tension, So follow the oldest tradition, And marry your parent's decision.
44. Two secrets to keep a relationship always strong:
1. Whenever you are wrong, Always admit it.
2. Whenever you are right, just keep quiet.
45. I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
46. I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness.
47. Nothing else matters - only us.
48. Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.
49. When given the choice, people will always spend their time around people they like.
50. The greatest disease in the West today is not TB or leprosy; it is being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for.
We can cure physical diseases with medicine, but the only cure for loneliness, despair, and hopelessness is love.
There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread but there are many more dying for a little love.
The poverty in the West is a different kind of poverty - it is not only a poverty of loneliness but also of spirituality.
There's a hunger for love, as there is a hunger for God.
51. Have you ever lost yourself in a kiss?
I mean pure psychedelic inebriation.
Not just lustful petting but transcendental metamorphosis when you became aware that the greatness of this being was breathing into you.
Licking the sides and corners of your mouth, like sealing a thousand fleshy envelopes filled with the essence of your passionate being and then opened by the same mouth and delivered back to you, over and over again - the first kiss of the rest of your life.
Tags: Love Quotes for Her |
52. It takes three to make love, not two: you, your spouse, and God.
Without God people only succeed in bringing out the worst in one another.
Lovers who have nothing else to do but love each other soon find there is nothing else.
Without a central loyalty life is unfinished.
53. The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.
54. When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnia's!
And the difference between them.
55. Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes.
Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
56. I know you're tired but come, this is the way.
57. Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
58. Take someone who doesn't keep score,
who's not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing,
who has not the slightest interest even
in his own personality: he's free.
59. Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.
60. I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways.
61. Here is a relationship booster
that is guaranteed to
Every time your spouse or lover says something stupid,
make your eyes light up as if you just heard something brilliant.