Here is a list of the Best Quotes of Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs Quotes
1. I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance....
Unless you have a lot of passion about this, you're not going to survive. You're going to give it up.
So you've got to have an idea, or a problem or a wrong that you want to right that you're passionate about; otherwise, you're not going to have the perseverance to stick it through.
2. A lot of times people don't know what they want, until you show it to them.
3. Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith.
4. We hire people who want to make the best things in the world.
5. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.
Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me.
6. It's really hard to design products by focus groups.
A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them.
7. My favorite things in life don't cost any money.
It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
8. Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.
9. Get closer than ever to your customers.
So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.
10. I’m actually as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done.
11. In the broadest context, the goal is to seek enlightenment – however you define it.
12. You have to believe that the dots will somehow connect in your future.
13. If you don’t love it, you’re going to fail.
14. The products suck! There’s no sex in them anymore!
Tags: Product |
15. Ultimately, it comes down to taste.
It comes down to trying to expose yourself to the best things that humans have done and then try to bring those things into what you’re doing.
16. Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.
17. I do not adopt softness towards others because I want to make them better.
18. Once you discover one simple fact, and that is everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you.
19. I always advise people – Don’t wait!
Do something when you are young, when you have nothing to lose, and keep that in mind.
20. We he had everything to gain. And we figured even if we crash and burn, and lose everything, the experience will have been worth ten times the cost.
21. I don’t care about being right.
I care about success and doing the right thing.
22. Our friends up north spend over five billion dollars on research and development and all they seem to do is copy Google and Apple.
23. With our technology, with objects, literally three people in a garage can blow away what 200 people at Microsoft can do.
24. Microsoft has had two goals in the last 10 years. One was to copy the Mac, and the other was to copy Lotus’ success in the spreadsheet – basically, the applications business. And over the course of the last 10 years, Microsoft accomplished both of those goals.
And now they are completely lost.
25. Their products have no spirit to them.
26. I wish him the best, I really do. I just think he and Microsoft are a bit narrow. He’d be a broader guy if he had dropped acid once or gone off to an ashram when he was younger.
27. Their products have no spirit of enlightenment about them, they are very pedestrian.
The sad part is that customers don’t have a lot of that spirit either, but the way that we’re going to ratchet up our species is to take the best and to spread it around everybody so that everybody grows up with better things and starts to understand the subtlety of these better things.
28. I am saddened, not by Microsoft success, I have no problem with their success, they’ve earned their success, for the most part.
I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products.
29. The older I get, the more I see how much motivations matter.
The Zune was crappy because the people at Microsoft don’t really love music or art the way we do.
We won because we personally love music.
30. The only problem with Microsoft is they just have no taste.
31. We were the group of people who were going to judge whether it was great or not.
We weren’t going to go out and do market research. We just wanted to build the best thing we could build.
32. We think the Mac will sell zillions, but we didn’t build the Mac for anybody else.
We built it for ourselves.
33. If they are working in an environment where excellence is expected, then they will do excellent work without anything but self-motivation.
I’m talking about an environment in which excellence is noticed and respected and is in the culture.
If you have that, you don’t have to tell people to do excellent work.
They understand it from their surroundings.
34. The Lisa people wanted to do something great.
And the Mac people want to do something insanely great.
The difference shows.
35. We’re not going to be the first to this party, but we’re going to be the best.
36. Apple is a $30 billion company, yet we’ve got less than 30 major products. I don’t know if that’s ever been done before.
Certainly the great consumer electronics companies of the past had thousands of products.
We tend to focus much more. People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on.
But that’s not what it means at all.
It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are.
You have to pick carefully.
37. What I found when I got here was a zillion and one products.
It was amazing.
And I started to ask people, now why would I recommend a 3400 over a 4400?
When should somebody jump up to a 6500, but not a 7300?
And after three weeks, I couldn’t figure this out.
If I couldn’t figure this out… how could our customers figure this out?
38. When you first start off trying to solve a problem, the first solutions you come up with are very complex, and most people stop there.
But if you keep going, and live with the problem and peel more layers of the onion off, you can oftentimes arrive at some very elegant and simple solutions.
Most people just don’t put in the time or energy to get there.
39. The way we’re running the company, the product design, the advertising, it all comes down to this:
Let’s make it simple. Really simple.
40. We try to focus and do very few things well.
And focusing is hard because focusing doesn’t mean saying yes, it means saying no.
So we decide not to do a lot of things so we can focus on a handful of things and do them well.
41. Customers don't measure you on how hard you tried. They measure you on how hard you deliver.
42. You've gotta be willing to fail. You've gotta be able to crash n burn. If you are afraid of failing, you won't get very far.
43. Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.
44. We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.